LIVE from the Camino Half Way!

catherinemccoy

Catherine McCoy
Apr 4, 2010
London, Ontario, Canada
catherinemccoy.com
Time of past OR future Camino
2011 Camino Frances
I've been on the Camino since Sept 5th and will be moving on from Carrion de Los Condes tomorrow morning. So far been dodging the bed bugs successfully and learned a few life lessons. I update my blog pretty much everyday via my iPad. I appreciate all the help I've received from others on this forum with respect to preparation, what to expect, and so many other things.
Buen Camino!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Apr 13, 2007
Palmerston North, New Zealand
chemincamino08.blogspot.com
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
Thanks for posting Catherine, and I will be reading your blog from now on..... you are giving a great picture of your journey. That memorial stone you mention- I suspect it was a man who died of a heart attack- and someone from the Forum was walking just behind him when it happened. She was later able to make contact with people who knew him, and let them know more about what happened.
Buen Camino- and I hope it starts cooling down for you a little!
Margaret

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Priscillian

Veteran Member
Feb 2, 2008
Carantona, Galicia
www.pilgrimagetoheresy.com
Frances 1999, Aragones 2000, Desde Le Puy 2002, Portuguese 2009, hoping RDLP 2014
What a wonderful thing to be walking the Camino for the first time. Everyone has their favourite stretch and the one you have ahead of you is just extraordinary. You have started on the same day I did but 12 years ago! September and October still is my favourite time to walk, (or June on the Portuguese). I think if I was asked at the end of my life: "What one experience would you like to have again?", I'd say, "that first view of the cathedral from the Plaza de Obradoiro".
¡Anima!
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.com
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.blogspot.com

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sep 11, 2011
Hi Catherine!

I just finished reading your entire blog back to front. Such a wonderful account of your trip! This has literally been the best reading I've done so far (and I read this forum obsessively) as it gives your account of how you felt throughout your entire journey. Being able to read your updates on an almost daily basis was so insightful, especially in to the physical and mental aspects of the trip.

I leave in two months to start walking my own camino. Thank you so so much for the glimpse into the future :)

Joan

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

skilsaw

Veteran Member
May 7, 2009
Victoria, Canada
Catherine,
I hope you are still checking here.
I heard a talk on the radio about memories stirring up the original feelings that came at the event you are remembering.

Your blog inspired memories, and the memories feelings. Now I am exhausted, content, peaceful, whistful. Thank you.
David, Victoria, Canada

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all , as in approaching the Camino from Sarria I didn’t find yet the basic equipment nor the alojamiento from sarria to santiago, I have booked just in Santiago some days but I’m becoming...
Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides