Hello all

jbear

Jul 4, 2013
Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP to SdC march-may 2015
Hello all, I'm planing my first Camino next fall and thought I'd introduce myself. I regularly enjoy day hikes and have done some overnights and long weekends on the AT. On top of that I have a deep love of Spain & history. As such, it seems the Camino may be a perfect fit.

For the past 10 years I've had fascination (more recently bordering on obsession) with walking the Camino. It started when I was planing my first trip to Spain. Anyway, I'm not really devoutly Catholic and haven't been for many years, but something about this keeps calling me. Last fall I drove to a couple of the towns along the Camino thinking it would help get this out of my head if I saw the distances and terrain. No such luck, it has only strengthened my resolve. Sometime in the next year or so I will have saved up enough vacation to do this.

I think the only way I'm going to get this out of my head is to find a scallop shell and walk until I've earned my "indulgence". Call it a mid-life crisis, blame it on being an Alter Boy, maybe its just my way to dive into my Spanish heritage, I don't know maybe I've just seen the statue in too many churches, but I want to do this.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

colinPeter

Veteran Member
Jun 8, 2008
Australia (South Coast NSW)
SJPP-SDC (2009) Somport-Jaca, Burgos-SDC, Cee-Muxia (2012) Le Puy - Aumont-Aubrac (2014) SJPP-SDC (Oct 2015)
Hola Jim,
Welcome to the forum.
jbear said:
I think the only way I'm going to get this out of my head is to find a scallop shell and walk until I've earned my "indulgence".
Sounds like a plan to me.
Yes, the Camino can certainly "get under your skin". Enjoy your time of preparation.
Buen Camino
Colin

19jules74

Jun 21, 2013
May or September (2014)
Hi there! I am also going to walk the Camino next fall. I only heard about it last fall but I knew instantly that it was something that was going straight to the top of my bucket list!!! I am so excited I can hardly wait.... Like a kid waiting for Christmas to come! .... Feels like it is the perfect time in my life to start some adventuring... And what a perfect way to start!!! .... Sounds like you also must be very excited, having waited over 10 years to do it. one year left to wait must not seem so bad!Perhaps I will see you out there!!! Cheers!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello, I am looking for contact to friend/pillgrim Ignacio from Argentina. He started Camino sanabrese from Ourense 14.may and finished 20.may in Santiago. If you know him, please contact me.
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.