Hello. My name is Linda. A senior starting out March 20, 201

molly382001

Dec 6, 2012
Time of past OR future Camino
This is my first ever effort to do something like this. From true couch potato living in rural West Tennessee to a pilgrim walking the Camino in Spain is quite a jump. :D But, I'm excited and determined to do make this dream happen. So, I'm very busy now preparing gear within recommended weight guidelines, making travel arrangements, and, most importantly in daily physical training. I hope to meet others on this forum, (especially the 60 plus folks) who may be preparing for or have already been on their pilgrimage. As I am traveling solo, it will be great to actually meet some of you who may also be traveling this Spring. But regardless of age, I'd love to hear from any of you. Thanks. Linda

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

grayland

Veteran Member
Dec 29, 2008
Tucson, Arizona
Yes
Welcome Molly...
There are many of us here who are waaaay past 60. I think you will find answers to most questions you may have...and some you have not yet thought to ask...here on the forum.
It is very usual to by starting out solo. You will soon find a group that is on the same schedule as you and you will become close. Sometimes walking together during the day and sometimes not as it pleases you. You will meet again in the afternoon for sleeping and dinner. All very normal.

Be sure to ask any questions that come to your mind....
Buen Camino

judytino

Dec 2, 2012
(2013)
Hi Linda! My dad and I are starting in Pamplona March 20. You are right between our ages - I'm 46 and he's 81.

My first long distance hiking was on the Appalachian Trail - I did over 800 miles my first time out. You'd be surprised how many AT hikers are complete newbies. I'm sure your determination will offset any "couch potato-ness".

Hope to run into you - buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

tyrrek

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2011
Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK
SJPP-SdC (4-5/2011), Ferrol-SdC (9/2011), Pamplona-SdC (3-4/2012), Camino Finisterre (10/2012), Ourense-SdC (5/2014)
Have a great time Linda! One of the many great things about the Camino is how people of all ages mix in a way they might not in everyday life. You'll quickly identify yourself (and be identified) as a 'pilgrim' not a 'senior'. :D Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides