Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hendaye to Bilbao - March 2016 - An itinerary - In case it's useful...

Ed t

Time of past OR future Camino
French, portugese, vdlp
My wife and I have just got back from walking from Hendaye to Bilbao in 7.5 days.

I thought our itinerary *might* be of interest. We tended to stay between the accepted stages - ie go a few km beyond the big towns.

So...

Day 1 - Flight to Bilbao, Bus to SS, Train to Hendaye, Walk to Santuario de Guadalupe (Capitan Tximista)
Day 2 - Walk to San Sebastian (appartment)
Day 3 - Walk to Orio (Albergue de peregrinos San Martin)
Day 4 - Walk to Zumaia (Hotel)
Day 5 - Walk to Calvario (Albergue Izarbide)
Day 6 - Walk to Monasterio de Zenarruza (stayed in monastery)
Day 7 - Walk to Eskerika (Albergue Eskerika)
Day 8 - Walk to Bilbao

Had a great time. Any questions, fire away.

Ed.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Hi Ed, could you give me your thoughts/opinions on staying at the Monastary? We have just completed our 1st day on the Norte, in SS right now and are interested in staying there. Do we need to call ahead to make sure there is room? Can we have a dinner and/or breakfast there or close by? Thanks and appreciate your comments.

My wife and I have just got back from walking from Hendaye to Bilbao in 7.5 days.

I thought our itinerary *might* be of interest. We tended to stay between the accepted stages - ie go a few km beyond the big towns.

So...

Day 1 - Flight to Bilbao, Bus to SS, Train to Hendaye, Walk to Santuario de Guadalupe (Capitan Tximista)
Day 2 - Walk to San Sebastian (appartment)
Day 3 - Walk to Orio (Albergue de peregrinos San Martin)
Day 4 - Walk to Zumaia (Hotel)
Day 5 - Walk to Calvario (Albergue Izarbide)
Day 6 - Walk to Monasterio de Zenarruza (stayed in monastery)
Day 7 - Walk to Eskerika (Albergue Eskerika)
Day 8 - Walk to Bilbao

Had a great time. Any questions, fire away.

Ed.

Up to Zumaia would be great Ed ,
Did you stay in Convent?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there, I am a seasoned pilgrim but I will be walking my first leg of the Northern Route in early July. I am walking alone for the first time and so I was hoping to be more spontaneous about my...
This may seem bizarre but due to flights we are only walking from Gernika to San Sebastián - so doing the route backwards!! Had a look at Mapy.cz. - any other suggestions to help us guide...
Hi everybody! My and my friend would like to hike about 5-7 days in the camino del Norte! Does anybody have any sugestions on where to start and finish? We are planning on hikeing in the beginning...
I just wanted to share in case it reaches anyone who needs it: Albergue Tu Camino in Ontón is closed at the moment (11 June), confirmed by the hospitalera by text. The uncertainty about it caused...
Hello :), This year, I only have one week of vacation (6 to 7 walking days), but I still wanted to walk a bit of the camino. I'm flying to and from Santander. Now I'm hesitating between walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back