• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi, first Camino starting 25th Sept

kenh

Hi to all,
I hope to start out from SJPDP about the 26th September, my train from Bayonne arrives in SJPDP at 22:25 on the Sunday night :? . Does anybody know of a place to stay that will be open this late? or should i book somewhere in Bayonne? I'm really looking forward to walking the "way" and very grateful to be able to read and learn from the wealth of information available on this site.
Keep up the good work and thanks to all,

Namaste
Ken

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi,
22h25 is really very late to arrive at the Albergue.
And even if you find one, you will disturb the pilgrims who try to sleep before the long day between SJPP and Roncesvalles.
I thinck it's better for you to sleep at Bayonne, and arrive at SJPP only the day after.
You will have time to visit the town, talk with the hospitaleros and others pilgrims, go to the "accueil pelerins" take the informations you will need for your first day walking etc ...
Irlan

Thank you Irlan, good advice, I would not want to disturb anyone. I will start my Camino slowly and with an open mind, and your English is excellent I wish I could say the same for my French!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I agree. Bayonne has a couple of very nice albergues. Be sure to make reservations there and in SJPP if you plan on staying the night. Spend some times in SJPP going to the museum, the fort, and seeing the wonderful town. You could even walk as far as Orisson or Hunto your first day, but if you plan on that, be sure to make a reservation!

Buen Camino!

On my first Camino, some american friends had booked rooms for us in the main (only?) regular hotel in SJPP. It wasn't expensive, and you could arrive there at 22:30, no problem.

I was so excited about the walk the next day, I hardly slept. Walked to Roncesvalles on adrenalin and endorphins.

I didn't see the sights of SJPP, but learned later to savor each day and opportunities as they appeared. Not quite so focused on "getting there".

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back