• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi I need your help!!I

papiang

Time of past OR future Camino
camino Ingles
I'm thinking of waliking along el camino ingles and I'd like toget some info about :
1) I'll be alone and I wish to know if it's safe
2) as I'm a slow walker I 'll have to walk in stages .For this reason I wonder if it's possible to find accomodation between Mino and Bruma .it's a too long walk for me .
The best for me would be to walk for about 15 kms a day.
Thank you in advance for your help .hugs,patrizia

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Betanzos is 10km from Mino and there is an albergue and pension's there. Betanzos to Bruma is about 27km but do not know what accommodation is available. May be something at Vizono which is 20km.
With regard to safety I am sure you will be fine. Depends on when you plan to walk as to numbers on the camino but may to October should see quite a few people. Take same precautions as you would anywhere. I am sure most people would agree that the caminos are generally very safe and people watch out for each other.

I'm thinking of waliking along el camino ingles and I'd like toget some info about :
2) as I'm a slow walker I 'll have to walk in stages .For this reason I wonder if it's possible to find accomodation between Mino and Bruma .it's a too long walk for me .
Hola Papiang

Just go back on this forum as far as the januari dates and you'll find a lot of information about shorter daywalks by Tia Valeria which helps you out a lot.
We are follwing her schedule too .
Buen camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hola Papiang

Just go back on this forum as far as the januari dates and you'll find a lot of information about shorter daywalks by Tia Valeria which helps you out a lot.
We are follwing her schedule too .
Buen camino
thank u :)

Betanzos is 10km from Mino and there is an albergue and pension's there. Betanzos to Bruma is about 27km but do not know what accommodation is available. May be something at Vizono which is 20km.
With regard to safety I am sure you will be fine. Depends on when you plan to walk as to numbers on the camino but may to October should see quite a few people. Take same precautions as you would anywhere. I am sure most people would agree that the caminos are generally very safe and people watch out for each other.
Thank u :)

Hola Patrizia.
Just to add that there is no accomodation between Betanzos and Bruma. There is a cafe at Casa Julia, if it is open, and a cafe at Vizoño but nothing else. As said above there are ways to cope with this and we split the day successfully. It is a good idea to download Johnnie Walkers CSJ guide to the Camino Inglés (donation) or order the guide for a paper version from CSJ in the UK (£4 plus postage) see the bottom of the linked page. That gives all the directions, suggested accommodation as well as albergues and many cafes too.
Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I did a search in this sub-forum but couldn't find anything recent. How much cash should I bring for the Ingles? All of my pre-booked accommodations except one accept credit card. That one place...
No rooms in Bruma tonight. Anywhere. Is it cheating to take a cab 10k away to get a place to stay?
Hello all, I'll be walking the Camino Inlgés staring 21st May, along with my husband and my mother. My husband and I are relatively fit, in our mid-40's, and my 75-year-old mother is somewhat fit...
Here is a brief outline of our Camino from Reading UK to Santiago de Compostella via the Camino Ingles. Day 1 April 7th Reading to Little London. Reading is very Pilgrim friendly, great signage...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back