Hotel for midnight arrival at Santiago airport

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Dec 12, 2022
Ireland
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2006, CP 2013, Salvador2017,
Inglés 2019
I'm looking at flights from UK to SDC in April, but they all seem to arrive at 23:00, Anyone know a hotel that has reception open at 01:00? Tried a couple already with no luck.
The Last Stamp Albergue has 24/7 reception. it is not a hotel, but it is close to Casa Manolo, and not ten minutes from the Cathedral. When I stayed there, the reception personnel all spoke English if that is important. I have copied the actual albergue address, not the booking.com advert for it.

woody66

This is my boy !
Jul 14, 2020
UK Lincs
Portuguese Coastal 2021 Frances Leon/Muxia2023
HI Glenshiro!
Direct flights to Santiago from London STN morning flights from ÂŁ21 do you need a specific date?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Glenshiro

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2006
Kent, UK
Le Puy - SdC, Podiensis, Frances, Invierno 2012-23
The Last Stamp Albergue has 24/7 reception. it is not a hotel, but it is close to Casa Manolo, and not ten minutes from the Cathedral. When I stayed there, the reception personnel all spoke English if that is important. I have copied the actual albergue address, not the booking.com advert for it.
Thanks

Glenshiro

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2006
Kent, UK
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

FLEUR

Veteran Member
Oct 27, 2016
Camino Frances 2012 - 2016
Voie de Paris / Tours Aulnay to Saintes 2017
Camino del Baztan 2018
We used that same flight.
Booked a suitable (late arrival) hotel via Booking.com and also booked a taxi via them.
Worth doing but we were a group 3.
4th member arrived earlier.

Bruce777

Oct 25, 2016
Francis 2017 April Francis May 2019 PortoSDC 22
I'm looking at flights from UK to SDC in April, but they all seem to arrive at 23:00, Anyone know a hotel that has reception open at 01:00? Tried a couple already with no luck.
Hi ,Nest style hotel just outside of old town has a 24 hr reception. Nice rooms and good breakfast. I checked in about midnight after arriving from Leon.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Paul_Garland

Oct 2, 2019
49165 Ricobayo de Alba (Zamora)
Frances 2012-18, VdlP 2013, Primitivo part 2018, Fisterra/Muxia frequently, VdlP Portugues parts
Hotel Garcas.

15 minutes walk from airport. 24/ 24 reception.
Day after you can catch a bus to the city centre.

Call them for courtesy car airport to hotel, it's a bit of a walk, especially at night.

Reactions: Peterborough

Paul_Garland

Oct 2, 2019
49165 Ricobayo de Alba (Zamora)
Frances 2012-18, VdlP 2013, Primitivo part 2018, Fisterra/Muxia frequently, VdlP Portugues parts
HospederĂ­a San MartĂ­n Pinario has 24 reception and check in. English-speaking. But if it is your first time in Santiago and you don't want to spoil the surprise of arriving from your Camino, you may not want to stay there, it is right by the cathedral. When booking, tell them you are a pilgrim for a 50% discount, even if it is before you start walking.

Peterborough

Aug 31, 2023
Peterborough UK
Camino Portuguese next Camino Ingles
I stayed at at the Hotel Garcas ( basic but clean) only a short taxi ride from the airport. Buses from there into Santiago start early and appear to be fairly regular. There is a bus stop just outside of the hotel. The hotel advised me not to hide at back of the bus shelter and keep a good look out for the bus and make sure to flag it down.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Aug 1, 2020
Hatton, Warwick, England.
Hello. In October last year I flew in on the late flight from Stansted and it was almost 5 hours late. I was booked into Miradorio De Belvis. They have a 24 hour reception desk and a late check out, I think either 11.00 or 12.00 as well as serving a good breakfast. I was there to walk SDC to walk Fisterra/Muxia so this worked out well for me. Vince

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Glenshiro

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2006
Kent, UK
Hi ,Nest style hotel just outside of old town has a 24 hr reception. Nice rooms and good breakfast. I checked in about midnight after arriving from Leon.
Thanks, really useful info. I was going to stay at the Garcas, but the earliest bus into town is too late for my train, so booked at the Nest instead. It's on the bus route from the airport, and there's a bus after my flight arrives. Again, thanks to all who contributed.

Reactions: SabsP

Most read last week in this forum

We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
Hi , I'm looking for some advice. I'm flying to Madrid and catching a bus to Burgos to walk to LeĂłn. I'm using a light weight foldable bag for my rucksack & poles but I would rather leave the...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides