How much weight did you lose?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Dec 2, 2014
Canby, Oregon
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances SJPP to SdC Oct/Nov 2015
Frances Burgos toSdC March/April 2016
W. Highland Way August 2016
Camino Somewhere September 2017
Hmmm, you are very friendly. Did you take turns being the "nice lady" or was it a case of all-in? 😍

My friend and I just liked giving away chocolate, and the people always deserved it--for some reason!

Reactions: DoughnutANZ
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Jul 18, 2014
Yearly and Various 2014-2019
Via Monastica 2022
The nice thing about giving away chocolate is that it doesn't end up on anyone's hips because everybody gets a part of the whole.
Win-win-win-win.
:cool: 💞

Good to see you, Deb! I am looking forward to your camino book...

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Jarrad

Mar 21, 2019
Virginia, USA
Wandering since 2014
I lost 16+ lbs. (need to look at my notes to see what the exact tally was). I had a belly visible through my running shirt in pics from the day I walked into Roncesvalles. By Sahagun, it was pretty much gone. By Santiago de Compestela, my belt was critical for keeping my pants up -- despite the nice tan and feeling fit, I looked like I needed a good meal. That is not to say that I did not eat well on the Camino.

A tangent: A few days after starting in SJPdP, I started craving protein. It was an odd experience, especially given that I ate excellent, well-rounded meals during those first several days. Perhaps a week into the Camino, I stayed at an albergue that had braised cow tongue as one of the pilgrim meal options. I had reservations about ordering it -- that's not something seen very often on the American dinner table. Fortunately, the protein craving won out. Braised cow tongue ranks as one of the most memorable and satisfying meals I ate while on the Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

NYSE

Jun 30, 2019
Maine
Frances 2019, Portuguese 2023
How much weight did you lose on your Camino walk? I dropped close to 4 kilos (8 lbs.) and returned home close to my “ideal weight”. But I guess the last day’s diving into my homemade stew will change that rapidly :D
I lost 20 ponds on the Camino Frances including walking to Finesterre and Muxia -and I never ate better. Lost an additional 7 pounds two weeks after I got home. Now it's been 16 months since I returned home and I haven't gained an ounce back. And that makes me very happy.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
Hi Forum! Just to reassure those starting now and the next week, but I was in Roncesvalles last night and, though full and busy, I talked to the hospitalero who told me, there were still 27 empty...
Walking the Camino Frances, since the 16th there has been a lot of mud on the trail but doable until today on the way to Pamplona! It got very difficult with the mud on the pass high up beside...
I started out from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port on 1 May. It turned out to be an unforgetable day. Above 1,000 m or so it snowed, catching many people unprepared. Later that day "many" walkers were...
I'm flying from the USA to start my Camino this week. I will check my backpack, and to protect it, I will ship it in a plastic storage bin like this one: Rather than shipping the storage bin to...
Just after 9am this morning I turned the last corner of the Camino Frances and stood in front of the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela!! It's been 33 days since I left Saint Jean Pied de Port...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides