• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I love this forum because ...

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
... I can not only exchange information about the different caminos with a lot of people that have actually walked said caminos but also go, joyously, off tangent to explore a whole lot of other topics.

Thank you to every single one of you, because you really make this forum worthwhile spending time on and a very special THANK YOU to @ivar for creating it in the first place. Buen Camino, SY

PS Just had the feeling/inspiration to have to say this ...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
...because no matter how much I have learned and experienced from planning my first Camino to being a serial caminoist, there is always more to glean from this forum. Not only about the Camino, but also about life in general. What a wonderful community of like-minded, kind-hearted, generous people from around the world . I have made many new friends via the forum - I have even had the great pleasure of meeting some of them. I feel truly grateful to be part of such a diverse community. Thanks guys.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
...there's respect among all the users what it's a first tiny step towards love among all human beings.

...is a good example of how diversity can enrich us.

...we all learn in it.

...shows me that my (sometimes odd) knowledge is useful for some (other) people.

....it keeps me connected to the pilgrim community I love. I spend around two months each year walking the Camino, but for the rest of the year my journey continues at home with the wonderful connections on the forums....

...because it is like the camino itself, in many ways. You 'meet' lots of very different people from all parts of the world who all - at some time - have had the same crazy idea : setting off, on foot, carrying their meagre belongings, towards some place in Northern Spain, just like millions did before.... In this day and age, it does seem odd to lots of people!
But here like on the Camino, no need to explain.
And then, of course, like on the real camino, you can benefit from their experience and yours might actually help someone, in whatever small way...
Magical!

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
This is the only 'place' I can go and not bore people and get the rolled eyes everytime I relate stories and lessons I have learned. No disrespect to the Holy Spirit and no disrespect to anyone else (because this may border [or go completely over the line?] on sacriligious) but for me the Camino has it's own spirit that has permiated me. I start my next Camino in November and cannot wait to see what it has in store for me this time around...!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It makes you feel part of a big family, drawn together not by compulsory blood ties, but by a common interest in sharing something worthwhile. Not the Brady Bunch, definitely not the Brady Bunch. There can be stirring, passionate squabbles:). A real family. With respected elders: some take on the task of keeping us kids under control with patience, humour and wisdom as well as teaching us; others are unstinting in help, advice and encouragement. Every newbie is welcomed, given a seat at the table. Our dumb questions are answered over and over again. The enthusiasm is contagious. When I first found this forum, it was not as someone pursuing a long held dream. In fact I was pretty iffy. But this forum has changed me into a dauntless knight known as - Donna Quixote del Camino!* Rearing to go.

*with throbbing orchestral flourish, "Man of La Mancha"

[QUOTE="But this forum has changed me into a dauntless knight known as - Donna Quixote del Camino!* Rearing to go.

*with throbbing orchestral flourish, "Man of La Mancha"[/QUOTE]

No "tilting at windmills" Deb. :) Buen Camino.

But this forum has changed me into a dauntless knight known as - Donna Quixote del Camino!* Rearing to go.

*with throbbing orchestral flourish, "Man of La Mancha"

No matter how hard I try, I cannot get the image of the first scene of Monty Python's Holy Grail out of my head, except of course that instead of King Arthur 'riding' along with Knave in tow clapping coconut shells, it would be a fearless, backpack-clad Pilgrim with trekking pole pointed forward and firmly underarm galloping forward to take honour back from a Killer Bunny. Sorry Deb...!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ditto, et cetera, what she/he said, and on... Yes, to all of the above and more.
  • If we are crazy, at least we are among friends...
  • If we "get it" we share it...
  • Even if no one else in our "normal lives" understands, there is always someone here who will...
I love the Don Quixote reference. I am presently rereading this Spanish classic by Miguel de Cervantes...his bust is in a plaza named for him near the Cathedral in Santiago. Every Saturday morning, a book fair is held there. How appropriate...

See ya...

Most read last week in this forum

On the Camino Del Norte. Surprised by the amount of pilgrims. Many mature pilgrims, like myself with a few Caminos under their belt, mostly appear to be staying in hotels. If staying in hotels be...
Hi I just joined and will be doing a solo walk from SJPP to Finisterre in May Jun 2025... long time to go yet but VV excited ... will be finalising dates and flights from Canberra as soon as...
For those of you who are using the ATM colour chart. One bank is suggested at less than 2 Euro when in fact was 4.50 Euro per withdrawal
Hello Pilgrims, I am Brendan an Australian Scot. I am new to the forum, but not new to the Camino. On Tuesday May 28 I will start on my seventh Camino the Norte from San Sebastián. I will try and...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.
Oh oh oh, After more then seven and a half weeks of rain in Belgium and France, last week weather is better, I walked into Irun today! 🙏 Feels like the last nine weeks my life was in a fridge but...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.