• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Interview with Director - New Camino Movie

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way.
Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013.
He's been writing and directing movies for 40 years!
Pat and I saw it last week and loved it.
I know there have been a few questions on the Forum recently about the movie, so I asked Bill for us.
Bill shares some really interesting insights and stories.......

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
For updates on the movie release, follow Bill here as he suggested in the video.

https://www.instagram.com/the_way_my_way/

To see the the Trailer:

I'm going to see it again on May 16th :)

I enjoyed your discussion with Bill and look forward to seeing the film when it comes to the UK. Thanks!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I enjoyed your discussion with Bill and look forward to seeing the film when it comes to the UK. Thanks!

Hopefuly not too long to wait.
I saw an interesting comment today.
With each interview about this movie, Bill seems to reveal a bit more about himself.......

I was left wanting to know more.
Like spending 3 hours over a bottle or three of Vino Tinto.....
This seems to be a guy who really 'gets' the Camino.

And if you want an authentic movie about the Camino.......
Maybe a movie director and writer who 'gets' the Camino, could come up with something interesting?

I'm looking forward to reading feedback from those who have been lucky enough to see it.
Which is us Aussies so far.......... (Bill lives here)

Last edited:
With each interview about this movie, Bill seems to reveal a bit more about himself.......

Maybe a movie director and writer who 'gets' the Camino, could come up with something interesting?

I'm looking forward to reading feedback from those who have been lucky enough to see it.

He is an amazing guy Rob, and proof of that is given his age and health he is planning the Camino of all Camino's is a testament to that. I think it's real evidence of how the Camino has shaped his life since he set foot on it in 2013. He's a very self-effacing guy which is endearing, and I'm glad he's been able to tell his story via the book and now the film, and he's done it right and stayed true to himself.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
He is an amazing guy Rob, and proof of that is given his age and health he is planning the Camino of all Camino's is a testament to that. I think it's real evidence of how the Camino has shaped his life since he set foot on it in 2013. He's a very self-effacing guy which is endearing, and I'm glad he's been able to tell his story via the book and now the film, and he's done it right and stayed true to himself.

I think I've become a Fanboy LOL Hmm. Maybe that sounds too weird! :oops:

I think I've become a Fanboy LOL Hmm. Maybe that sounds too weird! :oops:
Not weird at all.

Bill is certainly somebody to be admired for what he has achieved and the way in which he's done it. He gets peoples emotions, and is able to convey what it is we all feel and even worry about, and he can put that into words and film. I think one of the biggest testaments to this was how he's used some of the original pilgrims from his Camino in the film - this was risky, but he obviously wanted them to be part of the story retold, and was aware of what depth and authenticity it could add if it worked.

For some reason, I was feeling a bit down yesterday about getting old and stuff, but watching your interview with Bill at 71 still with such enthusiasm, and talking about having just finished the film, and now a 3K Camino despite the parkinsons was a real inspiration and kick up the backside.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I saw this engaging, inspiring movie in Adelaide last Tuesday with a Q&A session from Bill, his lovely wife and Johnnie Walker - both who starred in the movie. Amazing to know that most of the characters were actual pilgrims he walked with 10 years ago! Laugh out loud moments, pilgrim camaraderie and raw emotion plus the amazing scenery brought back many memories. Judging from the show of hands when Bill asked who had walked a camino it must have been about 2/3 of the audience and to hear so many voices joining in singing Dan Mullins ' Somewhere along the Way' was a special ending to this beautiful movie😊

Most read last week in this forum

Camino Mozarabe...a route that is not that well trodden, but is massively under estimated (in Marks humble opinion ). Mark went out to Malaga earlier this year and managed to get a walk from the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.