• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Irish on first tour

Patsy

Hi everyone.
I am starting the camino on the 24th of june. Not long now. I'm starting from SJPDP and this is my first time. Very excited/nervous but can't wait either. I was going alone but when my work mates heard a few have decided to join me.
I have found this site only yesterday and I'm like a child in a sweet shop. I don't know where to look first but I'm jumping from topic to topic. I think I might be a bit niave about this trip but at least now I have an idea what to pack.
I hope to see and meet lots of interesting people.

Bien Camino,
Patsy :wink:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Patsy,

I'm sure all will go well for you & your mates.
Do you intend to walk the entire route this year.
There's a wealth of information & interesting nuggets on this website thanks to Ivar and many consistent contributors. You too will begin to contribute; in fact you've done it already.
On my first outing last year I got to Santo Domingo.
I think I'll be a little bit ahead of you this year, as I start in Santo Domingo on Monday 30th June (maybe as late as 7pm).

Buen Camino

Brian ( Up Louth )

Patsy (and Brian),

Glad to hear of more Irish people doin' the Camino. I'm starting in SJPdP on Sept 9th. I've left myself what I think will be plenty of time (6 weeks) to get to Santiago. Probably go on to Finisterre if I don't use all my time wandering off the path on the way to Santiago.

Am in the UK at the moment but wil be returning to Cork before I start out. Planning to get my pilgrims passport from the Irish Confraternity and hopfully make a trip to St. James Gate to get it stamped.

Best of luck to everyone making the trip.

Kieran (Corcaigh Abu :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi everyone.
Thanks for all your helpful advice and words of encouragement. I'm not doing the full walk this year. only doing 5/6 days walking. Hoping to get as far as Estella. No real pressure though. This is my first walk every, so i'll see how far. Just doing it for the experience. Will be back again next year or sooner.

Take care,
Patsy (Cork man as well)

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
If you are planning to start a Camino in October 2024, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...
Hi, this is Nils from Tenerife. I'm excited to start my very first camino - let's see what it will bring! 😍 For me, this journey is very much like an inwardly guided shamanic ceremony, following...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.