Is the construction of Santiago Cathedral finished? Are there any pilgrim masses being held?

Circle56

Jul 1, 2019
British Columbia
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés (2015)
Camino Francés (2020)
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if work has been completed on the Santiago cathedral? I have seen YouTubes that show the scaffolding outside is down.
Are pilgrim masses being held at the cathedral again?
Plan to be in Santiago in April and looking forward to a mass there.
Thanks.

Reactions: Silus and natefaith
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Lydia Gillen

Veteran Member
Sep 22, 2010
Ireland
Camino Frances 2007/8/9, 2011 , 2012/13/14. C.F 2015
Camino Portugues 2017,2018,2019
volunteering
Yes indeed Mass is again being celebrated in the Cathedral.
There are also masses in many of the churches in Santiago.
also of interest to English speaking pilgrims there is Mass celebrated in English at 10.30 in the chapel in the Pilgrim Office. Buen Camino to you.

Bert45

Veteran Member
Jan 7, 2018
UK
2003, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2018, 2019
Great. Thanks for your speedy reply. Looking forward to visiting churches and cathedrals along the way.
You'll be lucky to find a church open, unless it's a Sunday and a service about to start. Just about every church I passed on several caminos was locked. Cathedrals were usually open. There was often an admission charge, reduced on production of a credencial.

Reactions: Silus and natefaith
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Jan 19, 2013
Carnarvon W Australia
VdlP(2012) Madrid(2014)Frances(2015) VdlP(2016)
VdlP(2017)Madrid/Sanabres/Frances reverse(2018)
The situation at Santiago Cathedral is that the renovation project is almost completed. As a worker on the project, I can say that it has been an exciting and challenging experience. The job has required a great deal of skill and attention to detail, but I am proud to say that my team and I have done an excellent job.
How did you become involved, Michael?

Reactions: mspath

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my shoes are pretty down and worn out now with holes in it. As it is rainy these days I won’t make it to Fisterra with dry feet. Can you recommend a good shop for shoes in Santiago...
Hi to all, I'm on the invierno right now and I will be in santiago tomorrow. I realise today I didn't get two stamps per day in the last 100 km. My question is how in the pilgrim office they are...
To anyone who just finished the Camino these past few days, or who will be finishing the Camino today or tomorrow: If you'll have finished the Camino by tomorrow night and if you'll be in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.