Is there an official start point to the Camino in Barcelona?

Jun 14, 2006
Manchester, UK
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Jul-Aug 05, Frances, Jul-Aug 06, Portugues, Oct 2010
I'm going to Barcelona for the first weekend in August. I've searched this forum and the csj website and can't find anything, but the map on the back of my credencial shows a routes starting from the city.

It would be wonderful to go and stand on the Camino again, and maybe walk a few hundred metres along it, just for sentimental value.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Pilgrimage routes in Catalonia are centred on Montserrat, where the official Camí Català to Zaragoza starts. The 2 pilgrimage routes from Barcelona are marked as GRs: the Cami Romeu GR96 and the GR6. The markings for both start on the northern edge of the city, though the obvious place to start in the city itself would be St James Square by the cathedral.
http://www.peterrobins.co.uk/camino/routes/montserrat

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides