Is Uber used in Portugal and Spain?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Feb 4, 2018
Rome, Italy
spiritofthecamino.com
Time of past OR future Camino
Some in the past; more in the future!
Yes. In Portugal in particular, Uber is very economical. From my (former) house in the São Bento neighbourhood of Lisbon to the airport, it cost as low as €9 for a 25-30 minute ride.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

TravellingMan22

Veteran Member
Jul 25, 2023
London
Portuguese/Frances 2020/Norte 2021
I'm about to start the Camino Portuguese, and was wondering what rideshare options are available in Europe?
Parts of Spain but not all from recent experience. Madrid yes, Alicante no. If you google you will find a list though it says they do in Alicante but that was not my experience. Look out for Cabify and Freenow too though not sure where they cover.

Reactions: Camino Chrissy

AnnaLiisa

Feb 24, 2024
Estonia
May 2024
I just finished Portuguese Camino last week. I encourage you to consider Bolt. We used it several times. But I don’t think it works in Spain.
I arrived in Barcelona today and saw that Bolt is available here but unsure about other towns in Spain. Checked for Pamplona but doesn’t look like they operate there yet.

TravellingMan22

Veteran Member
Jul 25, 2023
London
Portuguese/Frances 2020/Norte 2021
I arrived in Barcelona today and saw that Bolt is available here but unsure about other towns in Spain. Checked for Pamplona but doesn’t look like they operate there yet.
Worth putting your journey into Google Maps and it will identify the relevant company. Put Alicante to Alicante airport in and it flags up Cabify for example.

Reactions: AnnaLiisa
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Jamieb

Feb 14, 2012
USA - Texas
My mom used Uber often when we walked the Portuguese route from Porto. There were only a couple of times when she had to use a taxi. Uber was way more affordable than the taxi rides. In Spain we had to use a taxi from our hotel to the bus station in Santiago - Uber was not available.

CA_Pilgrim

Aug 22, 2011
Buellton, California
El Camino Real de California
Camino Frances (2017)
I'm about to start the Camino Portuguese, and was wondering what rideshare options are available in Europe?
I asked this question in another forum and the answer I received was yes, Uber is available in Portugal (and I'm assuming Spain but the forum was specific to Portugal). I asked if I needed a different app and the answer was no, it's the same app as in the USA.

The person responding to my question also said that BOLT was more popular in Portugal then UBER, so I downloaded the app for that company as well. I'll probably stick with UBER since I am familiar with it, but it's good to have a back up if no rides are available.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Hi , I'm looking for some advice. I'm flying to Madrid and catching a bus to Burgos to walk to LeĂłn. I'm using a light weight foldable bag for my rucksack & poles but I would rather leave the...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides