Jacket for Coastal Portuguese

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Friend from Barquinha

Veteran Member
Feb 28, 2019
Vila Nova da Barquinha
Time of past OR future Camino
None yet; perhaps the Portugese (2021?)
I am walking the coastal route starting June 1st. How cold will it get? What kind of cold weather clothing if any do I need? Jacket? Light sweater?
How far south are you starting? That will, I guess, have some connection to when you will reach northern Portugal. Certainly on the Lisbon >> Porto stretch you shouldn't need much, in June.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Aug 1, 2020
Hatton, Warwick, England.
I am walking the coastal route starting June 1st. How cold will it get? What kind of cold weather clothing if any do I need? Jacket? Light sweater?
Hello
I walked Camino da Costa from Porto to SDC in April. From the point of view of warmth it was fine and I only used a sleeping bag liner. However this was the fourth of my five times on the Camino and it was without a doubt the wettest. On good days with the sun out it was a beautiful walk but on the days storms came in off the Atlantic you felt like building an ark. It may be better in June but I found the stormy days somewhat unpredictable so I would recommend making sure you have good rainwear. This said the vast majority of the time it was lovely.
Buen Camino
Vince

Mar 30, 2022
ashland, or
Portuguese from Porto May 2022
CF May 2023
I walked that route last May into June, it wasn't that cold but we did run into a lot of rain, I would suggest bringing a poncho and a fleece jacket or sweater of some sort.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I have just boarded an Iberia flight to Madrid, and so far have seen two people come on with collapsed poles attached to their backpacks. The topic that never dies……
The standard response to what to do when you get bed bugs, is to wash and dry everything at 60 degrees. But if you do that to your silk sleeping bag liner or your merino socks or t shirts or down...
I will do the Camino Frances from mid June to mid July and will start in Pamplona. Should I take a fleece/cold weather garment?
Does anyone have experience with the Patagonia Cool Daily long sleeve hoody on the Camino? Last summer on the Norte I wore the REI Sahara long sleeve t-shirt and while I liked it I found it a bit...
Hey all! Having rabbit holed many, many packing lists, I'd love y'alls feedback on my packing list - https://lighterpack.com/r/p6hm36 For context, I'm 49, medium experienced hiker, weigh 200lbs...
The new "Experience" line from Altra looks interesting. Has anybody tried them yet? I will order a pair of Altra Experience Wild and report back after some day hikes. They have the traditional...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.