• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Joining the September hoards....

Portia1

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2009, Portuguese 2012
Frances 2016, 2019
The packs are packed and we are ready to go. Will be in Porto tomorrow afternoon. After a year of waiting, it hardly seems possible that the time is nigh. The weather forecast is perfect.

John, I have your booklet. We are planning to walk the coast between Matosinhos and Vila do Conde so I plan to write as much as I can about what that involves.

Thank you everyone for the information on the Portuguese route. Already beginning to think about the next one. From Falcon's notes, it sounds like the Camino is VERY crowded right now. I remember the "completo's" by early afternoon and the anxiety for slower walkers who then, exhausted, had to scramble for pensions or taxis all along the Frances. I am hoping for a little more solitude on the Portuguese.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Enjoy your walk! Don't forget to walk down to the river at Porto and order sardinhas from the lady grilling them on the steps. Delicious!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Portia,

You and John should be winging it over the Atlantic on your Way to Porto.

You are a month ahead of me though I will be starting, most likely, in Barcelos or Valenca.

Buen Camino,
\
Arn

Buen Camino! or whatever the portuguese equivalent is.
I will be very interested to hear how you do on the coast and how you go from Vila da conde. I'll be there in October.
Sue

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
sulu said:
Buen Camino! or whatever the portuguese equivalent is.
I will be very interested to hear how you do on the coast and how you go from Vila da conde. I'll be there in October.
Sue

Ok...this is about the extent of my Portuguese...Bom Caminho! Which in the end sounds almost the same!!

Most read last week in this forum

One day there was this inner knowledge. After the camino just popped up a couple of times in my universe, I knew: I need to go. Tingling in the spine, a slight nervousness. That usually shows me I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back