• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just Finished CF - Oct-Nov 2013

Wyvernsridge

Alex from Australia
Time of past OR future Camino
CF-Oct 2013; CN-Sep 2015; CF-Apr 2015
CP-Sep 2022
It was a great time to walk. The crowds had largely disappeared, but there were still a comfortable number of pilgrims to talk to and make friends. The weather was mostly great for walking, but it deteriorated sharply as we drew closer to Santiago. In fact, the rain was so heavy when we walked in that we could not see the cathedral until we were almost to the Pilgrims' Office! There were a handful of Australians walking at about the same time and the locals always commented on how many Australians there were lately [maybe we are just louder... :) ]. Some thoughts:

1. Don't skimp on raingear. The climb into O Cebreiro was in pouring rain and cold wind and my raingear was crap. Can someone spell hypothermia?

2. There is a hostal in Castro Jerez run by Australians [Casa Grevillea]. I only found out about it too late to take advantage.

3. After finishing in Santiago, I headed to Fisterra and Muxia. I stayed a few days at a "decompression centre" run by a very welcoming English writer [Casa do Raposito] on a "donativo" basis. Going there was just about the best decision I made around my Camino experience. Great place to relax and to put my thoughts in order about this most extraordinary endeavour.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back