• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Late Travel from Vigo

WanderingUKCZ

Time of past OR future Camino
Ingles - May 8->
Hi, I’ve got 3 1/2 days in Santiago at the end of my camino, and I’m thinking to go to Vigo to watch the football on the 15th. It is a 10 pm kick-off, so I am wondering if it is likely to get any public transport back to Santiago at that time of night? I’m not opposed to staying there, because I’m sure there is some nice stuff to see in the city, but I’ve already got a hotel in Santiago paid for it so don’t really want to pay for another one if I can avoid it. Thanks 🙏

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I don’t think so having had a look at the bus and train sites. Maybe someone can double check! Shame it’s the late kick of! ! I have had this issue loads of times!!

In Spain it’s often more difficult to do the late local games than those further away. Nearly always night buses on Alsa from Madrid and Barcelona!

Last edited:
Have a look at the RENFE website (Spanish railways) lots of trains back to Santiago last one at 22h51 on Saturday in a week . Mind you have to choose one of the two railwaystations in Vigo ( Vigo Urzáiz or Vigo Guixar. )
So maybe you can see the first part of the match 🫢.
Força Celta de Vigo ! 😊

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Have a look at the RENFE website (Spanish railways) lots of trains back to Santiago last one at 22h51 on Saturday in a week . Mind you have to choose one of the two railwaystations in Vigo ( Vigo Urzáiz or Vigo Guixar. )
So maybe you can see the first part of the match 🫢.
Força Celta de Vigo ! 😊
Sorry to be the ‘voice of doom’ but you would probably have to leave the game after a few minutes as the stadium is not overly close to the railway station.

I am not familiar with BlaBlaCar rideshare but some people will be. So maybe they can advise.

Celta Vigo will have fans in Santiago who will be going to the match. Some by car, some maybe even by coach. Case of making contact. I am not on FB but have a search. There maybe supporters bars of particular clubs in SDQ who make know folks, who arrange travel.

Last edited:
Here is a list of their supporters groups. I can’t see one for Santiago, but email the person from somewhere close by (there’s a group in Sarria) and they should know the situ in Santiago. It’s a close knit world.

Sorry to be the ‘voice of doom’ but you would probably have to leave the game after a few minutes as the stadium is not overly close to the railway station.

I am not familiar with BlaBlaCar rideshare but some people will be. So maybe they can advise.

Celta Vigo will have fans in Santiago who will be going to the match. Some by car, some maybe even by coach. Case of making contact. I am not on FB but have a search. There maybe supporters bars of particular clubs in SDQ who make know folks, who arrange travel.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

To anyone who just finished the Camino these past few days, or who will be finishing the Camino today or tomorrow: If you'll have finished the Camino by tomorrow night and if you'll be in...
Hello, my shoes are pretty down and worn out now with holes in it. As it is rainy these days I won’t make it to Fisterra with dry feet. Can you recommend a good shop for shoes in Santiago...
Hi to all, I'm on the invierno right now and I will be in santiago tomorrow. I realise today I didn't get two stamps per day in the last 100 km. My question is how in the pilgrim office they are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back