Le Puy Camino

Vagabonder

Jul 10, 2019
Tennessee
Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy to SJPP (2019/21)
Camino Primitivo (2022)
Thanks for the recommendations, I’ll probably have to forego dp that day. Thankfully I’ve been able to find it in most of the other towns. Booking ahead for April, just so I don’t have to think about it later, and can concentrate on other things going on.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Aug 19, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Le Puy route 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2022, 2023, +
Has anyone stayed at Maison au Loup in Le Puy? Seems nice but wondered about first hand accounts. Merci
Yes, I have stayed there twice or three times ... is excellent, historic house beautifully renovated and with new hosts for 2023 ...

Aug 19, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Thanks for the recommendations, I’ll probably have to forego dp that day. Thankfully I’ve been able to find it in most of the other towns. Booking ahead for April, just so I don’t have to think about it later, and can concentrate on other things going on.
What about Maison de Rosalie at Montgros just before Nasbinals? Excellent place with private and / or shared rooms and DP ...

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Aug 19, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
There are several places that do DP at Nasbinals : the hotel immediately behind the church [Hotel de la Route] and Gîte-Ferme equestre des Monts d’Aubrac = very well regarded and popular ...

Reactions: Camino Chrissy
Aug 19, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Has anyone stayed at Maison au Loup in Le Puy? Seems nice but wondered about first hand accounts. Merci
yes, I have stayed there three times including last year … I would stay there again in a heartbeat … beautiful place
236A54CB-4860-41F5-AD8E-609CC5D55FA7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love - Red heart
Reactions: MissWOR
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Aug 19, 2014
Melbourne, Australia

KFH

Apr 7, 2022
USA
^
I walked the Le Puy the whole month of June 2018 with two friends. I was apprehensive of potential heat since I'd always walked Caminos in mid-April thru May. Other than prebooking our first and final day, we called ahead to secure our nightly lodgings one day in advance and had no problems.
The weather was nearly perfect with overall good temperatures, no extreme heat to contend with, and a few afternoon showers.
Thank you for this.

This may sounds funny but-- Anyone-- please provide comments and experience on months other than May if you have them.

Unfortunately work-wise May is our most difficult month to travel. So right now we are looking at all other months. Well, realistically not winter, but comments about any time other than May are appreciated.

We are doing preliminary planning for '24.

Reactions: Camino Chrissy

Most read last week in this forum

I am very interested in walking from Le Puy to St. Jean in July. I've completed several other Caminos, so I am afraid I'm a little too casual with my prep for this one. I going to spend the next...
Hi! I'm new here and to the Camino, but trying to take advantage of a last minute opportunity to get off work for about 3 weeks including travel. I had hoped to do Le Puy to Cahors including the...
Hi, Can anybody recommend a Gite in Gramat? There seem to be a good number of places to stay, but I would like something near the GR if that's possible. A place oriented toward walkers would be...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides