• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le-Puy-en Velay Camino | The Le Puy Camino | 2015

Time of past OR future Camino
2017 | May | Vezelay Camino.....watch this space!

2010 | September | Camino de Santiago in - completed in full - 33 days - no rest days! Was an awesome experience!!
Hi everyone - has been AGES - but the memories of my Camino de Santiago walk are still fresh like yesterday - was Sept/Oct 2010.

I had another attempt in September last year but with an ankle injury (almost broke it 4 months prior) it just wasn't ready and I had no time with a horrendously busy job at the time, to train or take the proper care of my injury - so I only managed 7 days, which was a miracle given the pain I withstood for those 7 days. I was asked to do this with 2 friends who had been inspired by my first Camino, which I completed in 33 days, with no rest days. But I believe they were meant to walk this on their own, together and experience what I had 2 years earlier. I wasn't excited about starting as I was physically exhausted from a busy project I had been working on for almost 8 months, with no time off, was working 12-14 hour days and most weekends - so no training and mentally & physically stressed - it was not the thing for me to do at that time.

In May 2015 I am pleased to announce I will walk the French Camino from Le Puy to St Jean - it is only about 114 km's less than the Santiago Camino - but with different landscape, I am very excited about the prospect. It will be the year I turn 50 - so figured a good time to do something memorable and I will be doing it as another fund raising event, this time for Breast Cancer and in honour and memory of my beautiful sister-in-law whom we lost in July this year, very suddenly, from breast cancer. She too had just turned 50 - so I think the synergies are well suited. I will be decked out in PINK so you won't miss me if you happen to be walking the same route at the same time :) did you know you can even get proper pink hiking boots?? LOL

I knew I would do another Camino, but it had to feel right and I knew the universe would tell me when. I am really really excited and looking forward to it. My job has changed to the extent I'm not working 12+ hr days nor am I working weekends and I do plenty of lovely hiking at the weekends with my gorgeous man. So I will be ready for this trek and again, will do it on my own with all the support and love from afar that I need.

I will set up another blog-page for this and keep everyone posted as it gets closer. I am just very excited and wanted to share with all my fellow Camino trekkers.

Happy walking :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
On the Camino Del Norte. Surprised by the amount of pilgrims. Many mature pilgrims, like myself with a few Caminos under their belt, mostly appear to be staying in hotels. If staying in hotels be...
Hi I just joined and will be doing a solo walk from SJPP to Finisterre in May Jun 2025... long time to go yet but VV excited ... will be finalising dates and flights from Canberra as soon as...
Hello Pilgrims, I am Brendan an Australian Scot. I am new to the forum, but not new to the Camino. On Tuesday May 28 I will start on my seventh Camino the Norte from San Sebastián. I will try and...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.
For those of you who are using the ATM colour chart. One bank is suggested at less than 2 Euro when in fact was 4.50 Euro per withdrawal

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back