• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Live Instagram Feed

Hi all!

I am a professional photographer from NYC ( michaelgeorgephoto.com ).

During my trip I will be posting (somewhat) daily photos to my Instagram feed @migeophoto

Follow along if you're interested!

Cheers,

MG

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Michael! Great photos on IG - just got an account to follow your live feeds. Just wondering, do you regret not taking your camera as a professional photographer or do you feel pretty satisfied with your iPhone/Instagram shots? I know taking an SLR with multiple lenses would be quite burdensome for the Camino. It won't be for a while until I go on my pilgrimage but have thought about what type of camera to take, whether the iPad is adequate, or at least take a point and shoot. Keep those pictures coming!

Cvtminch said:
Hi Michael! Great photos on IG - just got an account to follow your live feeds. Just wondering, do you regret not taking your camera as a professional photographer or do you feel pretty satisfied with your iPhone/Instagram shots? I know taking an SLR with multiple lenses would be quite burdensome for the Camino. It won't be for a while until I go on my pilgrimage but have thought about what type of camera to take, whether the iPad is adequate, or at least take a point and shoot. Keep those pictures coming!

Oh ho ho I did not just take my iPhone! I took my film SLR – a Canon Rebel T2. Along with 50mm f/1.8 and 35mm f/2.0 prime lenses. I brought along 35 rolls of film.

And yet my pack was still only 14 lbs! (7-8 kilos).

It was worth it. I would have been quite upset if I didn't bring my nicer camera.

How the heck did you manage keeping your pack that light with a heavier camera, rolls of film, and multiple lenses??? Although I don't go for a while, I have packed my bag to see if I can even manage the backpacking weight and without a camera its already up to 12 lbs. Do share your secret:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.