Lodging in Santa Cristina e Bessone

kmccue

Feb 4, 2015
Time of past OR future Camino
We'll be walking from Pavia to Santa Cristina in September and it looks like the only place that I can find on any lists, the Parochia de Santa Cristina no longer takes pilgrims due to Covid. Looks like the next stop with lodgins is MIraldo de Terme...but that makes for a LONG day. Anyone have any ideas for a stay between Pavia and SC?

and SC?

• Thank you
Reactions: Nancy Stoeckel
A selection of Camino Jewellery

kmccue

Feb 4, 2015
Check Barazzina, san colambaro al ambro or Agroturisimo san bruno. Just a bit further than cristina
So I'm curious. THese spots are obviously "off" the trail. Do you just get a taxi? HOnestly, I've never ventured off the beaten track on my other 3 Caminos...always found lodging. Explain to me how you get from the trail. Do the people from the agriturismo come and get you? Thanks Bob

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

kmccue

Feb 4, 2015
So I'm curious. THese spots are obviously "off" the trail. Do you just get a taxi? HOnestly, I've never ventured off the beaten track on my other 3 Caminos...always found lodging. Explain to me how you get from the trail. Do the people from the agriturismo come and get you? Thanks Bob

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Feb 28, 2017
Los Angeles, California
CF 2012, 2014, 2016. CN 2018, 23 Via francigena 23
As with many things right now Covid is playing a BIG part. Some locations have closed temporarily and some permanently. A taxi along the VF will not be as readily available as it would be on the CF. Some Agroturisimo's will pick you up with prior notice and planning, but right now everything is in flux.
My best recommendation to you would be to plan ahead and to have a plan "B" in your back pocket. (Especially on the VF)

roving_rufus

Veteran Member
Oct 8, 2012
Ireland
Frances (2013-2015) Portugues (2017-2019) Via Francigena (2018-??) Camino from Ireland (2020-??)
At least a plan B on the section from Pavia to Santa Cristina would be to catch the train back to Pavia and stay there. (It was my backup plan on a winter walk of that section)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Pilgrim 122

Oct 21, 2015
currently walking Rome to Santiago
We'll be walking from Pavia to Santa Cristina in September and it looks like the only place that I can find on any lists, the Parochia de Santa Cristina no longer takes pilgrims due to Covid. Looks like the next stop with lodgins is MIraldo de Terme...but that makes for a LONG day. Anyone have any ideas for a stay between Pavia and SC?

and SC?
Hello, I walked this bit in Oct 2019. There was nowhere to stay either. In the end I took a detour to Spessa and stayed at Ostello Artemista which was nice and then walked to Orio Litta the next day but that involved a nasty roadside section. Good luck!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! My husband and I are considering walking for about 3 weeks on either the Via Francigena or the Via Francesco in Italy. Im having trouble finding information that compares the two options...
I saw this link on FB today and it is useful to give us some idea of the serious nature of snow around the GSB pass. This is saying that the snow has been very heavy this year, but that the pass...
Next Spring my wife and I are planning to walk the Via Francigena from Lucca to Rome. We plan to arrange our own accommodation. Can anyone advise if there are companies who do luggage transfers...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.