• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage storage

Jackjordan26

Time of past OR future Camino
Future Camino in about 3 days
Hey I’m looking at starting my Camino from Burgos in about 2-3 days. I’m wanting to use casa ivar storage. Has anyone used this service before? It sounds very good the webpage is just a little confusing. Do I need to contact them before to organise storage or do I just send my things to the address and it will be fine to pick up after my Camino? I have sent a couple emails but I’m just wondering what the process is as I want to start as soon as possible but just have a large backpack I need send to Santiago before I begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi there,

Sorry for the confusing website (It is on my to do list to fix that).... You do not need to let me know in advance if you are shipping it to me yourself. You can if you want, but it is not needed.

So just ship it to the address you find here:
..and pick it up once in Santiago. We are 150m from the cathedral. We have these opening hours for pickup:
(New this year is that we are also open 2 hours in the afternoons on weekdays).

Buen Camino!
Ivar

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi there,

Sorry for the confusing website (It is on my to do list to fix that).... You do not need to let me know in advance if you are shipping it to me yourself. You can if you want, but it is not needed.

So just ship it to the address you find here:
..and pick it up once in Santiago. We are 150m from the cathedral. We have these opening hours for pickup:
(New this year is that we are also open 2 hours in the afternoons on weekdays).

Buen Camino!
Ivar
Hey ivar. I’m trying to send my bag today and just had a few questions from the correos. They told me if I send my bag today before 5:30 it will arrive tomorrow. I’m not sure what time it will arrive but it needs to be signed for. I was told if there was nobody there to sign for my package it will be taken back to the correo office in Santiago de compostela and will only be held there for 14 days. I’m not sure how this will work as the hours of your business aren’t open all day. Do other people have this problem or will it be okay to send my bag? Also if there is nobody at your office when my bag arrives and it is taken bag to the Correo office is there any way you would be able to collect it for me? Thank you

Hey ivar. I’m trying to send my bag today and just had a few questions from the correos. They told me if I send my bag today before 5:30 it will arrive tomorrow. I’m not sure what time it will arrive but it needs to be signed for. I was told if there was nobody there to sign for my package it will be taken back to the correo office in Santiago de compostela and will only be held there for 14 days. I’m not sure how this will work as the hours of your business aren’t open all day. Do other people have this problem or will it be okay to send my bag? Also if there is nobody at your office when my bag arrives and it is taken bag to the Correo office is there any way you would be able to collect it for me? Thank you
No worries. we will be there and can sign for it. The Correos delivery guy knows our hours...

Worst case, if it ends up at the post office (200 meters from us) we can go and pick it up there... as long as it is shipped to us of course (we can not pick up anything that is not addressed to us).

So send away, we will take care of it until you arrive.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
No worries. we will be there and can sign for it. The Correos delivery guy knows our hours...

Worst case, if it ends up at the post office (200 meters from us) we can go and pick it up there... as long as it is shipped to us of course (we can not pick up anything that is not addressed to us).

So send away, we will take care of it until you arrive.
Okay thanks! I spoke with the correo again and we thought that they might be aware of your opening times. We included on the bag when you would be open so hopefully there’s no issues. Look forward to the journey and hearing from you soon! Appreciate the assistance.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.