• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Morocco

NickJM

Norte, Primitivo & Finisterre 2021, Frances 23
Time of past OR future Camino
Norte, Primitivo, Finisterre 21,
Arles,Frances 23
Has anyone found walking routes north from Morocco to catch a ferry across to Spain? Thanks.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Has anyone found walking routes north from Morocco to catch a ferry across to Spain? Thanks.
If you are going to walk in Morocco, I would advise you to find a tour company for a guided walk. Walking in Morocco is not for the faint-hearted. Having said that, there are some excellent companies and the walking is superb.

@dick bird makes a valid point. If you have fluent French, some Arabic and some Amazigh (Berber) it is possible to solo trek but your journey will present some interesting challenges. Maintaining a supply of potable water among them.

There are companies that will sell you "independent" walking tours but you'll often find you are being bus-hopped between the pretty bits. There are two great trade routes: from Marrakesh up to Tangier and from Oujda to Tetouan but these days they carry an almost constant stream of lorries 24 hours a day. Makes for easy hitch-hiking but not pleasant trekking. Local guides can get you off-road and onto the web of pathways. They'll keep you fed and watered too.

I've used these guys https://www.atlastrekshop.com/about-us.html for Atlas treks but not for some years now.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You might want to check out the fantastic blog "Winter Pilgrim," by Ann Sieben, for ideas. (And inspiration!) I believe she walked south from Santiago, but you might be able to reverse that route.

You might want to check out the fantastic blog "Winter Pilgrim," by Ann Sieben, for ideas. (And inspiration!) I believe she walked south from Santiago, but you might be able to reverse that route.

Thanks for this - yes, her blog is inspirational but a tad short on practical information whihch is what I am really after but thank you for sharing.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back