• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My Buen Camino app is crashing!!

KarinaH

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Inglés, June 2023
**Update** I reached out to the developer and a fix is in! unistalled the app again, and reinstalled the new updated version, and it works like a charm again!

Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted, uninstalled and re-installed, rebooted... and still it crashes!

I have never had a problem with the app before! I used it last year on my Camino, and again this year to plan my upcoming one, and now I am jammed up!

I have an android phone.

Can anyone offer any help or recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted, uninstalled and re-installed, rebooted... and still it crashes!

I have never had a problem with the app before! I used it last year on my Camino, and again this year to plan my upcoming one, and now I am jammed up!

I have an android phone.

Thanks in advance!
Yes,,, me too,, same!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It seems that the only part that's not working for me is the stage planner. It closes immediately when I try to use it.
Yes,,, same for me!
And just tried it on my old phone,,,, so no new update of Buen Camino,,, and it is working!
So something wrong with the last update???
I have emailed them!

Last edited:
Yes,,, same for me!
And just tried it on my old phone,,,, so no new update of Buen Camino,,, and it is working!
So something wrong with the last update???
I have emailed them!
Just had an email back from Buen Camino,,,, the problem is recognised ,, is being fixed and a new update to be released,,,

I have an android phone.

Thanks in advance!
My wife is alone on the le Puy Camino and has reported the same thing. She has a iPhone. She isn’t at all techie and has no clue how to solve the issue. I replicated the issue here by turning the “I’m on the Camino” Button. On the next start the app crashed immediately making it impossible to get back in.

I had to completely switch off the phone and reboot. Then I could get into the app once only. So rebooted again entered the app and disabled the “I’m on the Camino” setting again. Now I can get into the app.

My wife though has given up for now and is back to paper maps… that won’t go well as she can’t read maps!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My wife is alone on the le Puy Camino and has reported the same thing. She has a iPhone. She isn’t at all techie and has no clue how to solve the issue. I replicated the issue here by turning the “I’m on the Camino” Button. On the Nect start the app crashed immediately making it impossible to get back in.

I had to completely switch off the phone and reboot. Then I could get into the app once only. So rebooted again entered the app and disabled the “I’m on the Camino” setting again. Now I can get into the app.

My wife though has given up for now and is back to paper maps… that won’t go well as she can’t read maps!
If she just needs maps,,,,then the app, Mapy.cz is in my humble opinion the best!

. I replicated the issue here by turning the “I’m on the Camino” Button. On the next start the app crashed immediately making it impossible to get back in.

Interesting. Since I am not on the Camino the flag is off and as I stated above it still crashed (as per @trecile note on accessing stage planner)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

I have an android phone.

Thanks in advance!
Yes!!! Ours did the same and we are a week in. Today I deleted & reinstalled it as well as restarted my phone and haven’t had an issue since. The husbands did the same earlier on than mine and he did the same and no issues now. Buen Camino!!!

If she just needs maps,,,,then the app, Mapy.cz is in my humble opinion the best!
She has the French book Miami’s dodo or something. As I said she is a techie doofus and has no idea how to do things like install apps! 🙂↔️

The route planning feature of the Finisterre version is not working and I was in contact with developer earlier in the week

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My wife is alone on the le Puy Camino and has reported the same thing. She has a iPhone. She isn’t at all techie and has no clue how to solve the issue. I replicated the issue here by turning the “I’m on the Camino” Button. On the next start the app crashed immediately making it impossible to get back in.

I have done all my booking through the Gronze Web site.
It gives you distance, altitude, read about the trip you pick and accomadation.
I am sure it will translate for her as it does for me.

She should download the Wise Pilgrim (paid, not free version) or Camino Ninja app for gps maps.

I have done all my booking through the Gronze Web site.
It gives you distance, altitude, read about the trip you pick and accomadation
Gronze.com is great for planning and booking, but not so much for mapping. They do have a maps app, but it requires an internet connection.

I hope she can get back online! 🙏

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My wife is alone on the le Puy Camino and has reported the same thing. She has a iPhone. She isn’t at all techie and has no clue how to solve the issue.
Does she know how to update her apps?
I updated mine and it's now working, but I have an Android phone. The app is no longer crashing after the update.

I have an android phone.

Thanks in advance!
Yes!!! Ours did the same and we are a week in. Today I deleted & reinstalled it as well as restarted my phone and haven’t had an issue since. The husbands did the same earlier on than mine and he did the same and no issues now. Buen Camino!!!
Worked for me to upon reinstallation on an Android phone. We're you notified to update the app? I wasn't but assume the new installation will be the updated version.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Sorry to hear about the problems with the Buen Camiño App. Perhaps my experience will help. Last Saturday I was having problems with the Invierno App on my Android phone. I sent a WhatsApp Message to Carlos, the developer, who responded promptly to say there had been a problem with the last download from the Google Store, but he had someone coming in to work on it on Monday. Early Monday morning I heard back from him to say it had been fixed, He also sent me a link to the Google Store to download the updated App. The new version works great and has a couple of enhancements. A Peregrino walking with me who had the same problem also had success with the latest download. Carlos is great.

I also had problems with the Wise Pilgrim App. The map would not always open when offline. I sent a message to Wise Pilgrim, but never received a response. I have used Wise Pilgrim Apps on other Caminos, but will not use them again. I am fortunate to have Buen Camino.

I hope everyone who has been having issues can get them resolved. It may be as simple as uninstalling the App, then downloading it again.

I have an android phone.

Thanks in advance!
I had the same problem recently and contacted the Buen Camino via the app. They were very responsive and asked for some info about my phone. They sent me an link with a software update and resolved the issue.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

I have an android phone.

Thanks in advance!
Mine too. I am in Santiago and just finished Portuguese and Finisterre.
I use iPhone. I deleted the app then reinstalled it. AND rebooted the phone. It seems to be working fine now.

I have an android phone.

Thanks in advance!
Same problem ... until I uninstalled the app, rebooted the phone and re-installed it.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello beautiful community; I’m starting my camino in exactly 7 days (May 8 - June 21 = 45 days) I’ll be doing FRANCES + SALVADOR + PRIMITIVO . Here’s my final packing list (excluding basic...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and my best option is to buy shoes in either Pamplona or SJPP. I will be leaving Pamplona on a Sunday at noon and arriving at SJPP around 2pm. My question...
I am new on the forum, though I have followed it for years in anticipation of walking. Twice planned, twice cancelled. Once again, I have bought tickets and my daughter and I hope to walk del...
Hello all. I am planning my first camino end of May. fly into Porto and head north. I plan on staying in Albergos and had a few questions. Should I being my own towel? How far in advance do I...
Has anyone used the phone service "Holafly" during their Camino? Apparently it is a phone plan which eliminates the high cost of roaming charges and international phone plans offered from many...
Hi, I start my Camino from Oviedo on Sunday the 23rd of June. I was hoping to buy some hiking poles from the Decathlon store, but it doesn’t seem to open on a Sunday, nor do the other hiking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.