• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My stages for the Camino Frances in 23 days

BeatriceKarjalainen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Finished: See post signature.
Doing: C. Levante
My stages upon request from some other forum members who want to do more than 25-26 km per day.

Distance calculated from Brierley's guide. I think some of them can be wrong as it was head calculations after a day of walking :)

Can add albergues etc if you want to know.

1 SJPP-Roncevalles 25.1

2 Roncevalles-Pamplona 46.2

3 Pamplona-Puenta la Reina 26.9

4 Puente la Reina - Villamayor de Mojardín via Eunate 31.5

5 Villamajor de Mojardín-Logorño 40.1

6 Logorño-Azofra 35.9

7 Azofra-Belorado 38.1

8 Belorado-Atapuerca 30.4

9 Atapuerca-Rabé de las Calzados 32.8 via the streets not via the river.

10 Rabé de las Calzados-Itero de la Vega 35.4

11 Itero de la Vega-Carrión de las Condes 33.4 via senda not scenic route via the river :-(

12 Carrion de las Condes-Sahagún 39.8

13 Sahagún-Mansilla de la Mulas 38.4 on the Calzada Romana

14 Mansilla de las Mulas-La Virgen de las Camino 27.1

15 La Virgen de las Camino-Villares de Órbigo 30.8 via Villar de Mazarife

16 Villares de Órbigo-Foncebadón 41.3

17 Foncebadón-Compostilla 30.7

18 Compostilla-La Faba 45.9 via the route over Pradela

19 La Faba-Samos 36.2

20 Samos-Vilachá 34.5

21 Vilachá-Melide 42.3

22 Melide-Vilamaior 44.0

23 Vilamaior-Santiago de Compostela 9.0

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Wow, I felt broken when I started on my second day from Roncesvalles. To walk 46.2 km on that day would have been an impossible task for me (well, impossible is nothing, but it would have been very hard). I only reached the 45 km twice during my entire Camino. But if you set your mind to it, it's possible. Good luck!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wow, I felt broken when I started on my second day from Roncesvalles. To walk 46.2 km on that day would have been an impossible task for me (well, impossible is nothing, but it would have been very hard). I only reached the 45 km twice during my entire Camino. But if you set your mind to it, it's possible. Good luck!
This is not a plan. This is what I did. And it was not hard.

ooh .... just what i was looking for as i have limited time

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well done Bea - although I would never attempt that myself! Luckily you clearly didn't encounter any major problems along the way - out of the 40 or so of the original crew at Orisson about a third have either had to pull out or take rest days or take a bus/taxi for some stages.

You are one tough lady - hopefully you had time to enjoy it:)

Has to be a Swedish girl to do that ;-). Well done. I walked in 26 days in 2006. Over the years of walking different caminos I walk much shorter each day. 25k /day is perfect for me and sometimes I walk over 30 if I have to. If I walk too many long days I loose the real reason why I walk the camino.
Men hur som helst satan vad bra vandrat. (Just a "I´m impressed" to Beatrice.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If I walk too many long days I loose the real reason why I walk the camino.
Men hur som helst satan vad bra vandrat. (Just a "I´m impressed" to Beatrice.

Tack. For me the walking it self that is my camino. When i walk my head starts to think of "big stuff". I enjoyed the stops, taking photos (came home with 2064 in camera and over 350 in phone 297 if them posted at Instagram), meeting people, attending mass as well.

I walk fast most of the days an average of 6 km/h so I didn't do so much longer days than average walkers. I was first to some albergues. And as I had 34 days to spend on walking I managed to do 2 more caminos in that time.

So I don't know what I "missed".

There with you Beatrice, St Jean to Santiago in 21 days, kept going past Roncesvalles into Burguete on day 1, only 30 minutes extra walking but broke the 2 days from St Jean to Pamplona into more even stages, had to give a miss to Eunate alas when I saw the albergue was no longer open so that gave me another good jump.
Longest 2 days were 47 and 49 kms but my day into Parador San Marcos was only 19 kms to allow lots of time to luxuriate in my big treat day.:D

There with you Beatrice, St Jean to Santiago in 21 days, kept going past Roncesvalles into Burguete on day 1, only 30 minutes extra walking but broke the 2 days from St Jean to Pamplona into more even stages, had to give a miss to Eunate alas when I saw the albergue was no longer open so that gave me another good jump.
Longest 2 days were 47 and 49 kms but my day into Parador San Marcos was only 19 kms to allow lots of time to luxuriate in my big treat day.:D

The main reason for short days were that I didn't want to get to far ahead of some of my Camino family I met in Azofra. I liked to meet them in the albergues. But in the end I didn't see them for some days and had to wait in Santiago for a day. My last stretch was only 9 km as I wanted to come in to Santiago in the morning and just having to wait 1 day there for my friends before leaving for Finisterre.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The main reason for short days were that I didn't want to get to far ahead of some of my Camino family I met in Azofra. I liked to meet them in the albergues. But in the end I didn't see them for some days and had to wait in Santiago for a day. My last stretch was only 9 km as I wanted to come in to Santiago in the morning and just having to wait 1 day there for my friends before leaving for Finisterre.

Did you walk to Finisterre or Muxia??

Did you walk to Finisterre or Muxia??
I walked:

Day 1 Santiago-Negreira 22.4 a short day as I had stomach pains and crashed into bed at the albergue.

Day 2 Negeira-Cee 51.4 long day as I missed the albergue in Hospital and found my self at the waymarker 500 meter after. Didn't want to go back 500 m so I decided to go to next place instead.

Day 3 Cee-Finesterra 12.9 + 7 to and from Faro (and about 10 km in town).

Day 4 Finesterre-Muxía 28.5 (and about 10 km in town).

Day 5 Muxía-Vilacerio 50 according to my guide 52 according to map on pilgrim passport and 56 according to my GPS.

Dag 6 Vilacerio-Santiago 34.8

After that I did Camino Ingles in 4 days but haven't written down the stages yet.

€60,-
Congratulations on your fast camino frances walk. 23 days is quite fast.

I would like to remind any future peregrinos that the camino is not a marathon. Most peregrinos walked the camino frances in 30 days average with no rest day.

Buen camino to all.

Congratulations on your fast camino frances walk. 23 days is quite fast.

I would like to remind any future peregrinos that the camino is not a marathon. Most peregrinos walked the camino frances in 30 days average with no rest day.

Buen camino to all.

Why all this reminders of not doing it fast. For me 23 days was not fast. I walked my normal speed, I walked about the same hours that the 4 km/h people did and I enjoyed the places I passed and have taken a lot of photos as that is one of my interests.

I feel that the only thing I didn't do that most people do is sleeping in more places. We pass the same things. I was there for the walk and for reaching Santiago and I'm not so fund of doing touristic things like visiting museums etc. Sometimes it feels like people just have to tell you that you did your Camino in the wrong way. But there is no wrong way. Everyone has to do what feels right to them. I met a lot of people who asked my "why the rush?" But I never rushed, I never felt any stress, I walked as I always do and I could have done the walking even faster if I wanted to but stopped early sometimes so I didn't got to far ahead of my Camino family, to be in a specific place in the morning and not the evening.

Met an old american man who did it in 20 days but he was in pain and struggled. He dedicated the pain to loved once and St James. That was his choice but we who met him had a hard time to understand why he walked 40 km in 12 h every day with pains. But he was happy.

Last edited:
I walk fast too.:)
I know that because other people say I walk fast. (Which means faster than they do, and they comment my way of walking because consider their own speed as the norm)
Myself I think I just walk, in a way that feels natural and comfortable for me.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I walk fast too.:)
I know that because other people say I walk fast. (Which means faster than they do, and they comment my way of walking because consider their own speed as the norm)
Myself I think I just walk, in a way that feels natural and comfortable for me.
Exactly!

I met Beatrice a couple of times in Santiago and she always had a smile on her face enjoying her camino...
That s the way she is. Fast.
I also like walking long days but I am SLOW :)
The very best memory and feeling is that after doing the laundry and making the bed my body recovers fast - what a great addicting feeling!
Ciao, buen camino :)

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

I think Seville is awaiting you Beatrice.

Everyone walks their own pace .
We have done each camino , in France as well as Spain, to experience the people in the villages and towns.
I noticed that you did not have any vino or bread , just coke and chips........naughty girl
A coke has at least 6 [375ml] to 10 cubes [ 500ml] of sugar and that is the same as Red Bull ..........which my kids use on the biles when doing the iron man training.
Maybe the reason why you had an upset stomach was the food you had with the camino friends when they reached Santiago , before your way to Finasterre.....a change of diet.
We walked the Norte just to try the food in the four great towns on this route.
It takes us plenty of $$ and a day in travel before the jet lag starts when we depart the winter months .....i wish i sometimes could take 90 days.

Seville next year for you Beatrice.

I think Seville is awaiting you Beatrice.

Everyone walks their own pace .
We have done each camino , in France as well as Spain, to experience the people in the villages and towns.
I noticed that you did not have any vino or bread , just coke and chips........naughty girl
A coke has at least 6 [375ml] to 10 cubes [ 500ml] of sugar and that is the same as Red Bull ..........which my kids use on the biles when doing the iron man training.
Maybe the reason why you had an upset stomach was the food you had with the camino friends when they reached Santiago , before your way to Finasterre.....a change of diet.
We walked the Norte just to try the food in the four great towns on this route.
It takes us plenty of $$ and a day in travel before the jet lag starts when we depart the winter months .....i wish i sometimes could take 90 days.

Seville next year for you Beatrice.
Coke and chips was a joke. But there was quite a lot soft drinks to lunch and when walking. Needing the energy and a lot of calippo ice cream. I think I had 4 small bags of chips (crisps) on the camino.

I had "food" at lunch some days and every night. My problem is that I'm gluten intolerant and can't break down fat in large amounts. Also lactose intolerant and allergic to mushrooms. I eat yoghurt for breakfast and lunch some days just to eat something and being lactose intolerant that is not the smartest thing to do. In larger cities I found gluten free bread so for a couple of days I had that. Otherwise it was a huge amount of tortillas when they hadn't put flour I it as some places did. I can't really call the pilgrims menus food. French fries and a dry piece of meat. Horrible. At home I eat a lot of vegetables to my food. So eating was the hardest part of the camino. All the fat and lactose gave me stomach problems.

I also ate a lot of fruits. A lot!

Hi beatrice,

Nobody is criticising you for doing the camino frances in 23 days. This was your camino, it is your decision to do what you wish. If this is your normal pace, so be it.

I am just making a fair comment in an open forum for discussion. I do not wished for the future peregrinos who will walk the camino frances thinking it is the norm to do it in 23 days over a distance of almost 800 kilometres.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi beatrice,

Nobody is criticising you for doing the camino frances in 23 days. This was your camino, it is your decision to do what you wish. If this is your normal pace, so be it.

I am just making a fair comment in an open forum for discussion. I do not wished for the future peregrinos who will walk the camino frances thinking it is the norm to do it in 23 days over a distance of almost 800 kilometres.
I guess it is a fair comment. I think I reacted as that is common comment as soon as I talk about how I did my camino and during the camino. It seams so legit to tell people who walk fast that they are doing it wrong. I was even yelled at by some Spanish guys at day 22. They were angry because I passed them and told me this is not a competition and so on. So again it is more the sum of all statements about "not normal".

I guess most people have a fair understanding of their capability. If you don't walk 30-40 km as Sunday walks you might not be fit for it at the camino either. I compete in ultra marathons at home at least once a year and hike long distances in the mountains do my body is used to endurance. But I don't think I have to write that I the beginning of my post. I give people more credit for their intelligence. And they would probably read more than my post and some guides showing that there are other ways to break down the CF.

Thanks for posting your stages, Beatrice.

I have to say I just don't get why people feel the need to remind us that the camino isn't a marathon -- there is no reasonable way anyone reading this forum would have the idea that the "average" pilgrim walks more than 30 kms a day. Beatrice's post on her stages is one of an extremely tiny number of posts that lays out stages with higher than "average" distances. This was a great help to those of us who enjoy walking more than what you see in the guide books with their tendency to put the camino into bites in the 25-28 km range. I may be wrong, but I see a bit of judgment in some of these posts, usually qualified with the "but of course it's your camino" caveat. The "slow walkers" already have their thread in which they can tell us why walking slow gives them a richer camino. That's all well and good but for heaven sakes there are many pilgrims for whom walking 10 kms a day would be a painful punishment, not an enriching delightful experience. That doesn't mean we should be posting in that thread to say things like "we just want to make sure that people know that it is not the norm to walk the camino in ten weeks."

Maybe I'm over-reacting here, but like Beatrice, I have been criticized for walking too fast. I do not walk Beatrice's distances or at her speed but let me tell you that it is mighty annoying to be totally wrapped up in the joys of an invigorating brisk walk in which you feel like one with the universe and your body is giving its all and you are reveling in the mystery of being totally alive, only to be rudely interrupted and chided by some pilgrims you pass who tell you this is not a race.

Speaking of walking fast and long, in 2002 I met an Italian who did it in 16 days.
Never had a day short of 50 Km.
I guess he was on a mission.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I was even yelled at by some Spanish guys at day 22. They were angry because I passed them...

Exactly. ;)

This reminds me of one of the last days when my camino friend and I was walking on the frances.
Ok, it was getting late and I was starting to feel a bit tired and sweaty. And we had decided to stop at a certain place where there was a small private albergue.
And we came to a hill, not horrible but still there was a cluster of walkers spread out all over it in various stages of walking slooowky/catching their breath/spitting blood. And I thought of the combo lots of tired walkers+ very few beds= I got to pass the whole bunch.
Right. And I said "Nu jävlar".
And started to walk in a moderate speed up the hill passing them one by one and when half way up increase the speed and finally when on top of the hill, start walking very fast indeed, leaving all of them far behind. Which ment I was first at the albergue, my friend coming after and we got the last two beds. :) Then in to the shower quickly so I could go down to the bar and and sit there sipping on a cold drink while watching the others come in and being told the albergue was full.
My friend later told me how much he enjoyed this hill and watching me overtake all men while they were looking like this::mad:.
:)

Exactly. ;)

This reminds me of one of the last days when my camino friend and I was walking on the frances.
Ok, it was getting late and I was starting to feel a bit tired and sweaty. And we had decided to stop at a certain place where there was a small private albergue.
And we came to a hill, not horrible but still there was a cluster of walkers spread out all over it in various stages of walking slooowky/catching their breath/spitting blood. And I thought of the combo lots of tired walkers+ very few beds= I got to pass the whole bunch.
Right. And I said "Nu jävlar".
And started to walk in a moderate speed up the hill passing them one by one and when half way up increase the speed and finally when on top of the hill, start walking very fast indeed, leaving all of them far behind. Which ment I was first at the albergue, my friend coming after and we got the last two beds. :) Then in to the shower quickly so I could go down to the bar and and sit there sipping on a cold drink while watching the others come in and being told the albergue was full.
My friend later told me how much he enjoyed this hill and watching me overtake all men while they were looking like this::mad:.
And i told they guys that they didn't have to fear that I would take the last beds at the albergue as I had some more km to walk before hitting a bed. That made them even more angry as they thought I saw them as wimps not going as far as me. You can never say the right thing to those people. This was when I was hitting for Vilamayor and they for the last albergue before Monte Gozo.

Despite all the comments to the contrary there are definitely elements of competition here - for susanna and bea to deny that would seem disingenuous. However this doesn't mean that is a bad thing - we all have to motivate ourselves somehow - but let's be honest at least!

All being well I will walk into Santiago on Tuesday for a 41 day SJPDP camino - and after a few days to rest a sore hip and achilles I will go to Finisterre.

I am finding that I have slowed down between Leon and Sarria to prolong the experience but since Sarria have not enjoyed the Way too much so am looking forward to finishing but not enough to do 30k days to finish sooner:)

All the best!

Despite all the comments to the contrary there are definitely elements of competition here - for susanna and bea to deny that would seem disingenuous. However this doesn't mean that is a bad thing - we all have to motivate ourselves somehow - but let's be honest at least!

All being well I will walk into Santiago on Tuesday for a 41 day SJPDP camino - and after a few days to rest a sore hip and achilles I will go to Finisterre.

I am finding that I have slowed down between Leon and Sarria to prolong the experience but since Sarria have not enjoyed the Way too much so am looking forward to finishing but not enough to do 30k days to finish sooner:)

All the best!

Hi christer1!:)
It seems like you haven't understand anything of what we are trying to say here.
Let me see if I can help you.
Try to read this.... :
(Am quoting myself)
"Myself I think I just walk, in a way that feels natural and comfortable for me"
...a couple of times and see if it helps.

Speaking of walking fast and long, in 2002 I met an Italian who did it in 16 days.
Never had a day short of 50 Km.
I guess he was on a mission.
The logic of this defeats me. If he did the 800km in 16 days and none of these were short of 50km, what happened to all the extra km:confused:

Can you explain what you mean. Are you saying that I have an element of competition in my Camino and that's the reason for doing it "fast"? Is that what you mean and also say "come on be honest about it". Then I get really mad. As you have no idea on how I felt and reasoned during my walking. So tired of people judging what is my normal speed and distance and see it as competing.

I decided one thing when I started my Camino and that was to never let someone else decide my speed. That mean that I never accelerated just to pass someone (not even for a bed I always calculated with the risk of having to sleep outside or keep walking) or to avoid being passed (except for once a singing group of teenagers after Sarria were so annoying that I had to speed up to avoid them), I never slowed down just because someone asked me to. I slowed down to talk to people and walked in my own pace after a while when the slow walk started to be uncomfortable meaning I had to say goodbye. I never forced my self to being at a point further down the road then my body could handle (I met some people who did that to keep up with others, stumbling next to someone else). I did stop earlier then i planned sometimes to be with friends

But you will probably not believe me any way for you I had my mind set on winning something. But the only thing I won was more time to spend on other caminos in the same time I thought I would do CM.

The logic of this defeats me. If he did the 800km in 16 days and none of these were short of 50km, what happened to all the extra km:confused:

Logic for logic: 16 X 50 = 800 (not one short of 50).
He may have detoured here and there for all we know and who says the Camino is exactly 800 km? Furthermore, what if he had a day or two short of 50? I wasn't about to burst his balloon with argumentative mathematics. The point here is 16 days

Hi christer1!:)
It seems like you haven't understand anything of what we are trying to say here.
Let me see if I can help you.
Try to read this.... :
(Am quoting myself)
"Myself I think I just walk, in a way that feels natural and comfortable for me"
...a couple of times and see if it helps.
Thanks i read it along with how satisfying it was to beat the others to the albergue and getting the last 2 beds and how satisfying it was:)

As I said there is nothing wrong with this at all - it is a very honest statement!

All the best with your mantra and apologies for my lack of understanding:D

Can you explain what you mean. Are you saying that I have an element of competition in my Camino and that's the reason for doing it "fast"? Is that what you mean and also say "come on be honest about it". Then I get really mad. As you have no idea on how I felt and reasoned during my walking. So tired of people judging what is my normal speed and distance and see it as competing.

I decided one thing when I started my Camino and that was to never let someone else decide my speed. That mean that I never accelerated just to pass someone (not even for a bed I always calculated with the risk of having to sleep outside or keep walking) or to avoid being passed (except for once a singing group of teenagers after Sarria were so annoying that I had to speed up to avoid them), I never slowed down just because someone asked me to. I slowed down to talk to people and walked in my own pace after a while when the slow walk started to be uncomfortable meaning I had to say goodbye. I never forced my self to being at a point further down the road then my body could handle (I met some people who did that to keep up with others, stumbling next to someone else). I did stop earlier then i planned sometimes to be with friends

But you will probably not believe me any way for you I had my mind set on winning something. But the only thing I won was more time to spend on other caminos in the same time I thought I would do CM.
Hi Bea

How we motivate ourselves are very different and our capabilities likewise so. If one is an athlete the motivations are very strong and are usually ingrained in one's psyche - I unfortunately am a former strength athlete which is utterly useless out here ofc:) what i am saying is that the patterns for motivation are usually quite similar to what one uses to compete and I can see some evidence of this in the posts (imho). But as I said there is no criticism intended and i am sincerely impressed by your capabilities.

Don't get mad:)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks i read it along with how satisfying it was to beat the others to the albergue and getting the last 2 beds and how satisfying it was:)

As I said there is nothing wrong with this at all - it is a very honest statement!

All the best with your mantra and apologies for my lack of understanding:D

You're welcome! :)

And good luck to you and your first camino.
Perhaps you will notice that people walk faster and slower than you. And that that has nothing to do with You, and some (imagined by you) wish to compete with you. ;)

Thanks for posting your stages, Beatrice.

Maybe I'm over-reacting here, but like Beatrice, I have been criticized for walking too fast. I do not walk Beatrice's distances or at her speed but let me tell you that it is mighty annoying to be totally wrapped up in the joys of an invigorating brisk walk in which you feel like one with the universe and your body is giving its all and you are reveling in the mystery of being totally alive, only to be rudely interrupted and chided by some pilgrims you pass who tell you this is not a race.

That was said more beautifully then I ever could have said it! I TOTALLY agree with this. I remember a similiar thread a few months ago and will never forget how one pilgrim chimed in and said, "Well...did you go into churches and did you stop to smell the flowers?" (really just having to pee on this persons experience) ... I too liked to walk long days once I got use to it...I smelled as many flowers as anyone did and I walked into the churches I wanted to walk into...At the begining of my Camino I couldn't wait to get into a place early and sit back and chat and have a nice cold drink...BUT once I got wind under my wings I enjoyed longer days. I appreciate threads like this as many people tell me they can't leave the States for 30 days...and this shows that some folks MIGHT beable to pull it off.

One must be in a pretty decent shape to consider this...BUT there are folks in pretty decent shape in this World.
Anyway Peregrina2000 loved your response!

That was said more beautifully then I ever could have said it! I TOTALLY agree with this. I remember a similiar thread a few months ago and will never forget how one pilgrim chimed in and said, "Well...did you go into churches and did you stop to smell the flowers?" (really just having to pee on this persons experience) ... I too liked to walk long days once I got use to it...I smelled as many flowers as anyone did and I walked into the churches I wanted to walk into...At the begining of my Camino I couldn't wait to get into a place early and sit back and chat and have a nice cold drink...BUT once I got wind under my wings I enjoyed longer days. I appreciate threads like this as many people tell me they can't leave the States for 30 days...and this shows that some folks MIGHT beable to pull it off.

One must be in a pretty decent shape to consider this...BUT there are folks in pretty decent shape in this World.
Anyway Peregrina2000 loved your response!
This post reminds me of the time I stopped and sat down on the side of the road on the meseta and macro photographed a flower for 30 minutes until I got it right in the right light. That was a nice moment of slowing down and being in the right place at the right time :)

Logic for logic: 16 X 50 = 800 (not one short of 50).
He may have detoured here and there for all we know and who says the Camino is exactly 800 km? Furthermore, what if he had a day or two short of 50? I wasn't about to burst his balloon with argumentative mathematics. The point here is 16 days
Actually, the mathematics of your original statement is 16x(>=50) = (>=800). There is the clear prospect that given the nature of the CF, where the exact distance is never achieved, that the probability of the result being exactly 800 is about zero. If there had been a day short of 50km, I wouldn't have cared either, but the original statement would have been a lie, or just hyperbole. Who knows. But if he was prepared to be untruthful over his distances, what confidence did you have about the rest of the claim?

Regards

And on top of this debate a guy want´s his dog to have a compostela and one guy had a question about if it was possible to play golf along the way,
Time changes :)

And on top of this debate a guy want´s his dog to have a compostela and one guy had a question about if it was possible to play golf along the way,
Time changes :)

Talking about golf Roger we stopped on the slope towards Ciruena , young guys unemployed selling fruit and drinks......drinks on ice and donation..they got a euro.
Was 35c , just on lunch so most on the path stopped and rested in the park or at least gave a donation.......was going to walk on then saw.....
These kids cleaning up the mess..........and they were from the unsightly condo's built.............good form.

Decided a sandwich was on so stopped @ the golf course which we have walked past on many occasions.
Purchased a wonderful pair of shorts for 15 euros on special ...the same 70 bucks in Oz.

Only course spotted if he ever rings mate.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Mark my words: there will come day when the Camino is hijacked by the ultra-marathon / extreme sport fanatics and used to stage one their events. To be be sponsored by Red Bull, of course.

well done ! It took my wife and I 29 days - and I was injured with a twisted ankle. Very good pace and I now think if you keep your pack weight as low as possible (below 7 kgs) it is very doable in 23 days. I think the most important thing is did you enjoy walking at that pace? If the answer is yes .......... which I assume it is ....... good for you!

Mark R
My backpack weighted 6896 at home before water and food. And yes I enjoyed my 33 days on 3 routes. I loved it even with shin splits, inflammation in an abdominal muscle, a bad stomach, anemia and heart burn :) I'm stubborn and pain is easy to ignore when the people, surrounding, and route is so lovely. I will soon post a link to my blog with all my days. But I want all pics to be in there first. Right now it is just text for day 1-18.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
hello beatrice,

what next? lagos to santiago?

hello beatrice,

what next? lagos to santiago?
Have no idea next will be a short one. A week or so. Will have a family vacation in Italy next year. But a week in the autumn will probably be a good time for a short walk. I don't know when my husband and kids will let me go away for several weeks again. This time it was there birthday present to me when I turned 40.

I love hills and do much better going uphill than down. I just returned from the Meseta where I actually rejoiced when I saw the Altos de Mostelares. Even though I was already afflicted with an injured toe I took up the hill and loved every second of it. I was enjoying the fabulous vista at the top when a German young man approached me to asked why was I running up the hill-- o_O. His tone was almost annoyed that I got to the top before him-- I didn't even realized he was behind me and I was amused and flaterred he took it personally....;)

The truth is there is nothing more personal than why and how you choose to walk the Camino. To place yours in the context of others is a futile exercise. Beatrice's Camino reflects only on Beatrice. If she accomplished what she set out to do: BRAVO!!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This is not a plan. This is what I did. And it was not hard.

Great! I walked an almost identical path last summer. I walked 22 days to Santiago and 3 more to Finisterre, and agree with you, that for some it's not very difficult. If you're used to walking/hiking/running long distances, a 25km+ day is actually rather pleasant. I also met some of may favorite people in the latter parts of my long days. It will be nice to read your blog, post soon!!:D

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back