Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Albergue on C North to Oviedo/C Primitivo Crossover

Valdis Pauzers

A new albergue has been opened on the 47km 'Crossover link' from the Camino North (Coastal Route) to Oviedo, which allows you to cross over & continue onto the Camino Primitivo or return to the Coastal Camino, as required. After albergue at La Vega there seems to be very limited Pilgrim accommodation until Oviedo itself.
The Albergue is fairly centrally located in the town of Pola de Siero holds around 24 places and is brand new with all usual municipal services, believe including internet. This was said to be opening on 03/06/10 several days after I and a German pilgrim passed this way and were treated very generously and hospitably by local enthusiasts and several time pilgrims Juan, Juan & Enrique who are members of the local 'Amigos del Camino de Santiago - Siero, Norena & Sariego'. A confirmatory telephone call may be useful (tel. no. 985 72 54 51) although it may be necessary to communicate in Spanish.
This new albergue could potentially you time to get to Oviedo sufficiently early to see the beautiful City, cathedral and Camera Santa without having to walk all the way to Oviedo from La Vega or even further, or necessarily need to spend a further day for the tour of the Cities delights.
Particular personal thanks to Enrique who, unknowing of my problem & need, also provided a heel pad which saved my Camino from continuing to be a hobble to Santiago. The heel had had blisters and upon removing Compeed took all the loose skin with it leaving a large area of raw skin on the heel. The protector served magnificently from that day on. (I believe a warning note about removal of compeed type plasters is also worthy of mention on the forum.)
Hope this is of use.
Happy Camino,
Valdis.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
This is an excellent spot for an alburgue - so I am pleased it is now there -we walked this way last year and this was really one of the few places where we felt an alburgue was needed- we stayed in this town in a hotel. We arrived early in Oviedo and were able to gave a good look around. Oviedo is lovely -Jill

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am having trouble finding any information regarding the stages on the Verde. Is there a current thread, please? Where would I cross over to the Verde from the Primitivo and is there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back