Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New public albergue in Rubiaes

Hi all,

Got an SMS from a lady currently walking el camino portuguese last night.

She reports of a new, and as she said: "Wonderfull public albergue in Rubiaes, the nices albergue I have ever seen" (She has walked the Camino Frqnces earlier). I have, she continues: "Had a fantastic walk from Ponte de Lima today."

Just wanted to share....

Buen camino,
Ivar

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes, there's an albergue in Rubiaes since one or two years ago. It makes the etapa from Ponte de Lima shorter, because to walk to Valenca or Tui (42 km) is really long and hard. When I walked it (on winter three years ago) I had to walk the last two hours without sunlight.

There's another public albergue in Valenca do Minho, too.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

bente

Jan 22, 2007
Norway
Visit site
Javier Martín said:
Yes, there's an albergue in Rubiaes since one or two years ago. It makes the etapa from Ponte de Lima shorter, because to walk to Valenca or Tui (42 km) is really long and hard. When I walked it (on winter three years ago) I had to walk the last two hours without sunlight.

There's another public albergue in Valenca do Minho, too.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

:? The new albergue by the Bombeiros in Valenca was not open as I passed there on Jun 16th. There were no signs on the doors telling what time it opened. Neither a contact name, nor a telephone number. But the place looked very good!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I just heard from José Luis of the Via Lusitana that they have opened a pilgrim office in Lisbon. It only opens in the afternoons — every day, from 2:30 PM to 6:00 PM. It is a small room in the...
Last night the skies over the Camino Portugués lit up in the most incredible way. It was a mystery to me until I saw the headlines this morning that a meteor had flown overhead. Did anybody else...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides