Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Next stage advice-Logrono to ????

Frankiepankie

Oct 15, 2017
Time of past OR future Camino
planning to walk 2018
Hello,

Im starting to plan my next section. Ive previously walked sjpdp to Logrono. Planning to start again in logrono for around 7-10 days. Can anyone suggest a good stopping point? preferably somewhere with decent transport to get to an airport!

thanks in advance!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Oct 15, 2012
Santiago de Compostela
egeria.house
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
That really depends on how many kilometers you can/want to walk every day. Multiply those by walking days available and check with your guidebook which big city you would be close to.

Buen Camino, SY

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

julia-t

Jun 26, 2015
Cotswolds, UK
Camino Frances 2015-17
Kumano Kodo March 2018
Camino Portuguese Valenca-SdC April 2018
Where are you flying back to? That could well determine which airport you need easy access to.

Living in the UK, I've found it easiest to use Bilbao up until Carrion de los Condes. After that it's been Madrid or Santiago de Compostela or A Coruna. I like to fly into Heathrow or Bristol if I can.

From Carrion de los Condes I took a bus to Palencia and then a train to Burgos (though a bus would have been better as the train station is quite far out of town). From Burgos it's an easy 2 hours bus ride to Bilbao.

If you can't get as far as Carrion, then Fromista has a station and might be the next best option to get to Bilbao or Madrid.

Do some research using Rome2Rio.com and look at all your options.

Reactions: Frankiepankie
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Frankiepankie

Oct 15, 2017
planning to walk 2018
Where are you flying back to? That could well determine which airport you need easy access to.

Living in the UK, I've found it easiest to use Bilbao up until Carrion de los Condes. After that it's been Madrid or Santiago de Compostela or A Coruna. I like to fly into Heathrow or Bristol if I can.

From Carrion de los Condes I took a bus to Palencia and then a train to Burgos (though a bus would have been better as the train station is quite far out of town). From Burgos it's an easy 2 hours bus ride to Bilbao.

If you can't get as far as Carrion, then Fromista has a station and might be the next best option to get to Bilbao or Madrid.

Do some research using Rome2Rio.com and look at all your options.

Great thanks for the advice, any London airports are OK with me. il look into Carrion and Fromista

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
May 24, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Oct/Nov 2022_Mozarabe from Almeria
Fromista is indeed your best bet, hop a train for Palencia and the whole world is at your feet by bus train or planne.
Hi @Frankiepankie
I'm in agreement with scruffy1. Train service is available from Fromista to Madrid.
Burgos would be too short a distance for you; if you're looking at 7-10 days... Fromista is more than doable., but any further you'd need more than 10 days to get to train connections towards Sahagun.

Good luck with planning & Buen Camino
Annie

Reactions: Frankiepankie
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

One death attributed to a heart attack last week. Two pelegrinos gored, one seriously. One broken leg and many ending in Pamplona due to knee and leg and ankle injuries. Is it possible to confirm...
Hello. I am considering walking the Camino for the first time this fall, probably beginning the third week of September in St. Jean. But I keep reading about how crowded the Camino is, including...
Is there a list of albergues that also have private rooms on the Camino Frances? Gracias.
Hi everyone -- After walking the Frances from SJpdP last October, I'm planning to revisit the bit between Logrono and Burgos this July, following different stages. It's the section where I had...
I started out from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port on 1 May. It turned out to be an unforgetable day. Above 1,000 m or so it snowed, catching many people unprepared. Later that day "many" walkers were...
And another attempt looms, to buy a decent Poncho after trying and failing in the previous two likely towns. Anyone know where an Altos or similar might be bought in Leon, please? 😁

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.