Search 69,459 Camino Questions

No room at Ferreira in September

wec

Hi
What should I do if I get to Ferreira on my way to Melide and there is no lodging. I'm female and travelling without a sleeping bag in the first week of September?

Many thanks
Wen

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, Wen,
Seems to me you have a couple of choices -- the first would be to call ahead and book a room at the Casa Rural, El Puente is its name (I think). It is a small place, maybe only 4 or 5 rooms, and was full when I called in early October several years ago, but that was probably because it was on a weekend. I imagine that weekdays in September won't have as much traffic as weekends.

the other option is to just show up there and if there's no room, see if the owner will call you a taxi from Melide. It will cost about 1 euro a km and you can then go into Melide for the night, taxi back to Ferreira in the morning and continue walking (or just skip the Ferreira to Melide part, depending on how much of a "purist" you are -- but remembering that you won't qualify for the compostela unless you walk it, if that's important to you).

Or you could decide to carry a sleeping bag and try to sleep at the very lovely albergue in San Roman.

buen camino, Laurie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am having trouble finding any information regarding the stages on the Verde. Is there a current thread, please? Where would I cross over to the Verde from the Primitivo and is there...
Hi Erika - this is Andrina. We met on the way. I found your pilgrim passport. Let me know how I can return it to you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.