• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Notre Dame - group walking pilgrimages. July to September.

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
Just came across this. There are to be group walking pilgrimages from 7 different locations in France this summer. All beginning on 28 July and timed to arrive in Paris on 14 September. Part of the special events leading up to the reopening of the cathedral later in the year.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just came across this. There are to be group walking pilgrimages from 7 different locations in France this summer. All beginning on 28 July and timed to arrive in Paris on 14 September. Part of the special events leading up to the reopening of the cathedral later in the year.

"The ambition of this project is a bit crazy and dizzying because we want to create a network throughout the entire country," explained Noémie Teyssier d'Orfeuil, one of the event's organizers. From north to south and from west to east of France, pilgrims can follow one of the seven routes alone or in groups. These start from Mont-Saint-Michel and Quimper in the northwest, Boulogne-sur-Mer in the north, Lyon in east-central, the island of Ré in the west, Brive-la-Gaillarde in the southwest, and Ottrott in the northeast.

😍

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Below is the link to the organisers' website. There is an interactive map. For some of the routes it tells you the possible meeting points and distances where you can join the event / procession - for example, as shown in the screenshot, for Senlis (north of Paris).

7 routes.jpg

How exciting! One of the trails to Notre Dame begins in Quimper. I've been dreaming of walking to Quimper for years, in honour of a friend who has an armoire full of old Quimper faience...which I use to celebrate my arrival whenever I am chez lui! Quimper à Notre Dame here I come...svp svp svp...

20240511_093222.jpg

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back