Off soon!

Shauna

Mar 22, 2014
Time of past OR future Camino
well last night in our own bed. Travel to Stansted tomorrow and fly to Oviedo Tuesday morning. Then walking to Escamplero for first night. Nervous but excited.
Have booked most of accommodation after first couple of nights. Bit worried about the weather though!

Anyone there now or just returned?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Jul 5, 2014
Netherlands
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
well last night in our own bed. Travel to Stansted tomorrow and fly to Oviedo Tuesday morning. Then walking to Escamplero for first night. Nervous but excited.
Have booked most of accommodation after first couple of nights. Bit worried about the weather though!

Anyone there now or just returned?
Hi Shauna , beeing nervous is normal but when you are on the " move " that feeling will go

Wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Reactions: Mike Savage
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

alaskadiver

Veteran Member
Jul 4, 2016
Alaska
www.musingsfromthelastfrontier.com
May 2017-Camino Primitivo
April 2019-Camino de Invierno
I'm headed home today. Look for my thread, live from the Camino. We just finished walking a week ago. Just remember to call ahead if you aren't going to make it to the place you reserved.
Carried at least 2 liters of water after day 1. There are almost no sources of water outside of the place where you will stay the night.
It's very warm so you won't need any warm clothes until you cross over the Hospitales.
Buen Camino!

Reactions: SYates
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Felice

Jul 20, 2014
Malvern, England
SJPP to Santiago Sept 2014
I got back about 10 days ago. It was a lovely walk, though quite strenuous - there's at least one stiff climb a day to do!

I stayed at Esclampero in the muni but ate at the bar. Good but not cheap food in the evenings.

From the BBC weather forecast, it looks like you are going to have at least some rain. Hope you have good waterproofs and footwear!

Buen Camino, and be prepared for the change in pilgrim numbers come Melide

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

laineylainey

Veteran Member
Aug 20, 2016
Fermanagh Ireland
started in 2012, hooked ever since.
Shauna I hope you have a wonderful Camino. Maybe you will let us know how it went? I love hearing about caminos I am hoping to walk -Salvador and Primitivo in Sept (Gw):)
Big thanks to Alaskadiver too for your blog, so useful.Glad to hear that you are safely back home.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am having trouble finding any information regarding the stages on the Verde. Is there a current thread, please? Where would I cross over to the Verde from the Primitivo and is there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides