Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Oloron Ste. Marie Berets

May 3, 2012
Fredericksburg VA USA
Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 1977 by train. Many since then by foot. Next one ASAP.
I'm informed that the last factory in France actually making the traditional beret in the traditional way is Laulhere, in Oloron Ste. Marie, between Lourdes and the Somport Pass.

Anyone know if the factory has some sort of retail outlet in Oloron Ste. Marie?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

lovingkindness

Veteran Member
Sep 20, 2009
Bonjour, @rappahannock_re

Here's the website for Laulhere. Click on 'nous contacter' and you'll find a telephone number and contact details.

http://www.laulhere-france.com/

Bonne chance
Lovingkindness

ps today is Monday. I have just called the number. They are doing an inventory today so nobody picked up the phone.

Last edited:

Jill81

Nov 27, 2014
France
Frances ’14,’19
Portuguese ‘15
Via Francigena ’16
Kumano Kodo, Japan 2017
VdlP 2018 to be cont’d
I'm informed that the last factory in France actually making the traditional beret in the traditional way is Laulhere, in Oloron Ste. Marie, between Lourdes and the Somport Pass.

Anyone know if the factory has some sort of retail outlet in Oloron Ste. Marie?

I’ve sent them an email about whether or not they sell to the public from their factory but I’d be surprised if they don’t as it looks like they also do short tours. When I receive a response I’ll let you know.

Here’s their website:
http://www.laulhere-france.com/en/

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
May 3, 2012
Fredericksburg VA USA
First one in 1977 by train. Many since then by foot. Next one ASAP.
When are you planning this stroll on the Aragones, Rev? I have my eye on it for July next year...

July, eh? Thanks for asking, but I'm booked to walk with a Sillydoll organized group walk -- almost all Camino veterans like myself! -- departing Lourdes on 20 May and linking up with the Frances at Puente la Reina on 4 June 2018. Google Amawalkers for further information, but do so quickly - I suspect that my group is filling fast....

Could I walk the Aragones solo? Certainly! I choose not to do, so for reasons that seem sufficient to me -- and that is what matters, eh?! I've walked more than once with a Sillydoll group, and I've enjoyed the educated and stimulating folks that Amawalkers seems to attract.....

Last edited:
Reactions: gerardcarey
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides