• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

only 30 days to go!!

bms1970

We are at the final countdown to our walk from Sarria in May 2014. I had previously walked this section in May 2012 to mark my 60th birthday with my daughter and my friend. It was a wonderful experience and we knew when we returned home that we would like to go again. Initially we thought it would be in a few years, perhaps when my grand-daughter might be able to join us after finishing school. I was however, absolutely delighted when my two oldest sons declared that they would like to go in 2014 and before the ink could dry on the flight bookings my youngest son and his partner, who had met us in Santiago on our last camino and my daughter, who had went last time confirmed that she and her partner would like to go too. Within days my good friend also said she would join us and so here we are, all eight of us ....30 days and counting!
I have been visiting the forum and reviewing all the wealth of information from previous and future pilgrims and remembering some of the bits that I personally found very physically demanding, the Portomarin steps are imprinted in my brain forever!
So I am very privileged to have all my adult children, some of their partners and my friend joining me on the "Way in May" I am doing some practice walks along the scenic routes around my beautiful home city of Derry and along the Wild Atlantic Way where it traverses County Donegal in the North West of Ireland. I have just restarted our blog to record our journey www.followingtheshells.blogspot.co.uk
and special thanks to all you forum users for your help and inspiration perhaps we will meet up with some of you on our journey.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
What have you started!!! Next year it will be all of your group plus their friends then friends of friends - you could empty the whole town in a few years!!

Marvellous, your joy of Camino must have transferred so well to them - excellent!

Have a wonderful Camino -... not long now!

Buen Camino

Buen Camino bms1970 and your family we are just about a week behind you, many blessings pilgrims!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.