• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

only walking 6 days-- getting home mid-camino --taxis?

melbelle

Hi,
I am walking my Camino in the first week of May. This is my first time walking the Camino and since I am a student with a limited schedule and budget, I am only able to walk 6 days. I plan on starting in Pamplona and a website I found suggested I should make it to Santo Domingo de la Calzada before I need to head back to Barcelona to catch a flight home. Does anyone have any suggestions about getting back to Barcelona from Santo Domingo de la Calzada? I thought I could maybe take a bus or a train back to Pamplona and catch another train or bus from there to Barcelona, but when I was looking up rail tickets, there don't seem to be any stations close to where I would end my walk. Anyone who has been there: will there be taxis that can take me to the nearest station? Or is there a bus station in that town? Any suggestions would be awesome! Thank you!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
From Santo Domingo, you can either take the bus to Burgos or back to Logrono or Pamplona, & pick up the train there. The tourist office in Santo Domingo has the bus schedule to/from Burgos. I think the first bus leaves about 7 am, but please double-check that when you get there.

Kelly

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Most comfortable and easy, I believe that it is Santo Domingo Logroño and Logroño Barcelona.-
Greetings and Buen Camino,.-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I was trying to plan on catching the 4:00 pm Monbus from Samos to Santiago. I can see from the many reviews online this bus company is not reliable and treats customers terribly (denying...
Hi all! Not sure where to post this (moderators, please feel free to move to the correct section if it’s wrong here). Due to a mess up of the Dutch postal service, the parcel I sent home from...
I am catching an Alsa bus from asturias airport to Oviedo, then from Oviedo to Leon. I have bought the tickets online and was concerned about the short connection time in Oviedo. If I miss the...
Hello everyone! Due to my bad knees, I can't walk the Camino Santiago. Instead of going home, I have found that going from Albergue to Albergue to catch up with friends is the camino I have chose...
Hi all! I am currently on the Camino and running into an issue with my debit card. My bank is switching over all debit cards and deactivating the old ones. The card is being mailed to my house in...
Hello, I saw O Lagar de Jesus mentioned in a couple of threads. Looking for input about this place. It caught my eye because of the communal dinner and proximity to Padron. Some questions: 1)...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back