• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Our First Camino

urbanhiker

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2012)
Le Puy to Moissac (2013)
Camino Portugues (Sept 2014)
Camino del Norte/Irun to Luarca (April 2015)
Camino Inglés/Camino Finisterra/Muxia (Oct 2015)
Moissac to St. Jean (2016)
Hi,
I'm Ray. My girlfriend Patricia and I will be doing the Camino for the first time in April 2012. We became familiar with it last year and can hardly wait to go. We're arriving in SJPP on April 21 and beginning a day or two later. We're hoping to complete it in around 30 days. We have done a lot of training, walking between 10 and 15 miles per outing, but really do not know what to expect and we are a bit nervous but very excited.

We are flying to Madrid and taking the morning train to Pamplona. From there we hope to take a cab or bus to SJPP. Will this be an easy thing to do? The shuttle service we considered is already full.

We started a blog for friends and family but everyone, of course, is welcome to view it(Link below).
We look forward to meeting our new fellow pilgrims.
Ray and Patricia

http://oursantiagocamino.wordpress.com/

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
urbanhiker said:
Hi,
I'm Ray. My girlfriend Patricia and I will be doing the Camino for the first time in April 2012. We became familiar with it last year and can hardly wait to go. We're arriving in SJPP on April 21 and beginning a day or two later. We're hoping to complete it in around 30 days. We have done a lot of training, walking between 10 and 15 miles per outing, but really do not know what to expect and we are a bit nervous but very excited.

We are flying to Madrid and taking the morning train to Pamplona. From there we hope to take a cab or bus to SJPP. Will this be an easy thing to do? The shuttle service we considered is already full.

We started a blog for friends and family but everyone, of course, is welcome to view it(Link below).
We look forward to meeting our new fellow pilgrims.
Ray and Patricia

http://oursantiagocamino.wordpress.com/
The most important advice, the essentially, the primordial is to go to the other immediately. The way is another world! A world of exchanges. Speak in English, palabres en Spanish, by signs, exchange. I say that because we have not done early. What a mistake!
We had in mind for this trip over 15 years. We visited all sites on all roads in France, Toulouse, Vezelay, Conques, Chorges, Avignon, St Guillem, Nasbinals Nevers, etc.. We had read so many guides and visited so many web pages that we started "martel in mind"

We left the cathedral of Puy worried about promiscuity, suspicious of religious proselytism after reading an impressive number of nonsense topics dispensed by users who have never walked on the way. We had read so many guides and visited so many web pages that we started stress in the brain. We left the cathedral of Puy worried about promiscuity, suspicious of religious proselytism after reading an impressive number of nonsense dispensed by users who have never been the way.

Do not think fans of the keyboard that you warn against assaults, thefts, attacks by dogs. The embittered jealous who tell you "do not go one year Pilgrim".
Some examples of nonsense that you do not believe:
- Bed bugs,
- the Spanish not kind,
- Germans are rude the last beds in the albergues

Instead, listen to me :
- Take the free spirit and serene;
- Forget, at least for some time, the words efficiency, competence, management, training, objectives, competition;
- Walk as if you were lulled by your own meditative stroll.

You have only a few time before the Camino. You are right when vou say that you will try to carry less than 15 lbs (without food and water) .

http://alaquarelle.wordpress.com/2011/05/12/conseils-pour-compostelle-reponse-sur-voyageforum-com/

http://alaquarelle.wordpress.com/2010/07/24/clothing/
How much should I allow each day on the camino ?
http://alaquarelle.wordpress.com/2011/12/08/how-much-should-i-allow-each-day-on-the-camino/
I have visit your blog : wonderfull !

Thanks for the good words. We will follow your advice. Part of my blog is meant to be fun. We will go to Spain, enjoy the Camino and just have fun.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back