Pamplona, Burgos, Leon and Santiago de Compostela????????

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Jul 5, 2014
Netherlands
Time of past OR future Camino
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Hi everyone!

Please, please, please can I have your recommendations to where I should stay in these amazing cities when I travel on my Camino in August? not just the place name but why would be great! love hearing the stories that made ur stay that much more memorable

Much Thanks

Darren
Hy Darren, for my wife and myself the favorite town is Santiago. The old town, the lovely parks and all the pelgrims arriving in the city that's a great view to watch. And next year we walk together from Porto to Santiago, and than we back again, we can't wait. Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Reactions: Darren John
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
A selection of Camino Jewellery

mspath

Veteran Member
Nov 25, 2009
France
allmycaminos.blogspot.fr
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

SabsP

Veteran Member
Feb 18, 2010
Belgium
some and then more. see my signature.
Hotel Norte Y Londres In Burgos, right in the old city centre.
Because it has a real old fashioned charm. Don't expect modern luxury but a lovely " time stood still " atmosphere.

http://www.hotelnorteylondres.com/en/

In Logroño the modern Sercotel. Close to the Calle Laurel for the lovely food. Right on the Camino. Very friendly personnel.
http://en.hotelsercotelportales.com/photos.htm#

EDIT oops Logroño wasn't on the list of the OP...nevertheless...great place to stay in an hotel to avoid albergue closing time.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Aug 6, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
CFx2, CPx1
I find the most important thing is that they are all interesting, the good, the bad, and the indifferent. I love em all.
I try a new one every time.
I took a list of recommended accommodation once.
Stupid boy I am.
I tore it to pieces and put it in a bin as I was leaving St Jean.
I'd rather chance it.
Bad is often good.
Bad is always interesting.
Interesting is always important.
Regds
Gerard

Last edited:

GreatDane

Veteran Member
Apr 18, 2013
Upper left USA
CF to Burgos Sept/Oct 2014, Burgos to Astorga April 2016, Astorga to SdC 2017
Hotel Norte Y Londres In Burgos, right in the old city centre.
Because it has a real old fashioned charm. Don't expect modern luxury but a lovely " time stood still " atmosphere.
http://www.hotelnorteylondres.com/en/

More about the Hotel Norte Y Londres in Burgos. It is right on the camino and maybe 150 meters east of the cathedral. If you like to save a bit of money and don't mind sharing a room they offer same sex doubles and triple rooms. I had a 3 bed last fall, one night I had only one room mate, one night with two room mates and one night all by myself! Giant bathrooms with fantastic shower/tub. Grocery store a block away (across the plaza to the north and east)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Mar 17, 2015
Ireland
2014 Sarria to Santiago de Compostela.
2015 St Jean P de P to Burgos.
2016 Burgos to Ponferrada
2017 Ponferrada to Sarria & Santiago to Finisterre & Muxia.
Just home & I used Hotel Eslava in Pamplona, 42euro B&B & found it in good location & very good value. In Burgos I stayed in Hotel Norte y Londres & it is in great central location, receptionists exceptionally helpful & recommend. All Best , Ros.

fallow

Nov 10, 2012
(2014)
Just home & I used Hotel Eslava in Pamplona, 42euro B&B & found it in good location & very good value. In Burgos I stayed in Hotel Norte y Londres & it is in great central location, receptionists exceptionally helpful & recommend. All Best , Ros.
Ros I agree with you re Eslava in Pamplona. I stayed there in 2013 and have booked two nights in September this year. I loved the location so much I just have to repeat! I also have a night booked in Norte y Londres and therefore great to read your praise of this establishment. Though I plan mainly to stay in albergues along the way I do give myself occasional treats - like the Hotel Astur Plaza in Astorga. - back there too in September

Most read last week in this forum

Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...
We are in Santa Marina del rey staying at a hostel costing 59 euros after redirecting from our destination which was San Martin del Camino. We found the albergues were all booked or closed after...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides