• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Paris to Tours

Ray J

Where exactly are we?
Time of past OR future Camino
CF
Rota Vicentina & Portuguese
Paris to Moulins & Le Puy
VF
Cornwall & John Muir Way
We did the Frances last year, and would like to do the Chemin de Paris this year starting in May. I've read the threads here pertaining to Paris, but didn't find much current information. So, I guess I have two questions to start off with. First, why do very few people start in Paris? Second, does anyone have thoughts, tips, guide book suggestions, etc. for beginning in Paris? Thanks!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Last edited:
MM, thank you! I'd read (well, skimmed) the thread and thought it specifically had the starting point in Tours. Looking at it again it appears that the thread name fooled me as there is good information on starting in Paris. (Also, I was thinking that some of the information might be a little dated.)

Your links look like they'll be very helpful, so thanks again!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I just walked Paris to Tours. A perfect tour and good lodgment. Only once i had to use a hotel.

... First, why do very few people start in Paris? ...
Hi there, @Ray J. To answer your question, perhaps few people start in Paris because between Paris and Massey there is a lot of asphalt. In 2014 I walked from Bordeaux to Paris following Le Chemin de Saint Jacques in reverse. In Massey locals recommended I avoid asphalt by following La Coulée verte in to Paris rather than Le chemin de Saint Jacques. Here are links to maps and a video (scroll down a little):

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/paris-to-sjpdp-routing.31090/#post-277866

Cheers.
Lovingkindness

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi there, @Ray J. To answer your question, perhaps few people start in Paris because between Paris and Massey there is a lot of asphalt. In 2014 I walked from Bordeaux to Paris following Le Chemin de Saint Jacques in reverse. In Massey locals recommended I avoid asphalt by following La Coulée verte in to Paris rather than Le chemin de Saint Jacques. Here are links to maps and a video (scroll down a little):

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/paris-to-sjpdp-routing.31090/#post-277866

Cheers.
Lovingkindness
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back