Phew! Getting hot this week.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Jill R.

Mar 19, 2016
Time of past OR future Camino
First Camino starting from SJPP on or around June 12, 2016!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Aug 19, 2008
Los Angeles for now. Next?
CF: 2001, 02, 04, 14. Ourense to Santiago 2019.
I am 2 days from Santiago right now. The heat is just as advertised! We have cut our mileage and are leaving as early as possible. Yikes!

Buen camino. Stay hydrated.

No walking on to Muxia or Fisterra?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Marbe2

Dec 5, 2015
2015-2023 walked all or part of CF 11 times
Everyone out there walking or riding, please do not over do it...no matter how young, or fit you may be. Start early, drink lots of water, cut down on products that may dehydrate you such as caffeine and alcohol, eat light meals..find air conditioning as much as you can and keep cool!

Csutak

Jul 12, 2016
Hungary
Since 2006 almost every year, usually walking more than two routes
Over 40 °C it is really hot. It is unbearable for those who are not used to it. o_O
Two years ago it was 42 in Irun and I could only walk for one day then changed my plans and took the train to Leon and started walking the San Salvador.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
May 3, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
solowalk2020.travel.blog
walking every day for the rest of my life
When we did the Via de la Plata in 2016 our first week was rain every day and we said we wouldn’t complain if we ever walked in raging heat. A week later it was 37 degrees for days on end - we kept our word but did have conversations about the pros and cons of each option.
Then family members joined us for two weeks and it was mid-twenties every day and they could hardly believe our stories. After they left there were more storms and sun in store!

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Jan 18, 2015
Too many and too often!
I had some very hot unpleasant nights in early October last year on the Via de la Plata. So I just looked at some local weather sites to see what it is like along the way today. A local weather site in Merida was reporting a temperature of 37C at 10pm. Extraordinary. Not a route for the summer months!

Liz Drew

Jun 29, 2016
2016 Coastal Portuguese
2018 Via de la Plata
(2019) del Norte
I am 2 days from Santiago right now. The heat is just as advertised! We have cut our mileage and are leaving as early as possible. Yikes!
Being an Aussie and living in Queensland I am used to temperatures in the high 30s but once the gage climbs into the 40s I am seriously depleted of all energy!
Start as early as you can and be finished for the day before lunch!

Reactions: donalomahony
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Hi all, I have access to data on arrivals of pilgrims to Santiago by day, country, age, gender, departure point, route, reason and means used. Based on this data, I am analysing it to develop a...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Im planning a November Frances Camino. I have an Altus rain coat that covers me and pack nicely but I’m wondering do I get a backpack cover and wear a hooded shell light jacket over heavier...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
Hi everyone! I'm planning to start on the Camino de Francés, then from Léon I will walk the Camino San Salvador, then the Camino Primitivo and maybe if I have time the Camino de Fisterra. My...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides