Photos, Astorga-Ponferrada

Hi everybody!!

A couple of weekends ago I was walking "La Clásica", between Astorga and Ponferrada. Incredibly spring weather, only a few pilgrims, and everything as wonderful as usual.

I would like to share with you my photos taken during this weekend. I hope it like to you.

http://picasaweb.google.es/Javier2147/A ... errada2008

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Apr 13, 2007
Palmerston North, New Zealand
chemincamino08.blogspot.com
Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
They are wonderful photos again Javier: thanks for sharing them.
I wanted to add you as a favourite in Picasa, but I struggled with the Spanish. Eventually I hit a button and it changed me into English and all became clear! (But I have no idea why that happened!)

Deirdre

Oct 7, 2007
Maryland, USA
www.theamblingblog.com
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés (2007), Camino Francés (2008), Camino Portugués (2010), Camino Aragonés - from Lourdes (2012)
Hola, Javier,
Las fotos son maravillosas! It is so different to see the familiar Camino in a different season. It looks wonderful. On Thursday (Feb. 21) I was in Peñiscola and visited the Templar Castle there. It is interesting to see the similarities between that and the Templar castle in Ponferrada. They are equally magnificent edifices.

I have some photos I wanted to add here - Camino sign in Montserrat, for instance, but they are too large. I haven't figured out (yet) how to make them smaller. A new challenge!

Thanks for sharing the pictures - they are wonderful - and thanks for all the information.

Buen Camino,

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

spanishlancer

Nov 7, 2007
Wonderful photographs Javier.What a great sky in February. I will be in Santiago next Tuesday and Wednesday for a quick visit from our home in South Eastern Spain, courtesy of Ryan Air cheap flights. cant wait to start walking the Camino in May, been planning since last October. Your photographs have inspired me even more!!

Regards Ron

Thanks Javier for these nice photos.

Can you tell me if the old church in Foncebadon is still standing (the one where the refuge is). When I was there in October 2006 it seemed that the main wall was about to crash.

comp2foncebadon.jpg

I'm very sorry, Ulysse, to be so late to answer you and because ... I didn't realise the old church ...

I arrived rather tired, thinking of a good shower and after that, in a good conversation with the hospitalero (a nice guy) the german boy who arrived a few minutes before, and with Enrique from the Taberna de Gaia. And after that ... the darkness with the heaven covered by thousands of stars ... Spectacular !!

If it's necessary, a can return next weekend to see the church!! I don't need anything else to come back!!

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
Hi Forum! Just to reassure those starting now and the next week, but I was in Roncesvalles last night and, though full and busy, I talked to the hospitalero who told me, there were still 27 empty...
Walking the Camino Frances, since the 16th there has been a lot of mud on the trail but doable until today on the way to Pamplona! It got very difficult with the mud on the pass high up beside...
I started out from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port on 1 May. It turned out to be an unforgetable day. Above 1,000 m or so it snowed, catching many people unprepared. Later that day "many" walkers were...
I'm flying from the USA to start my Camino this week. I will check my backpack, and to protect it, I will ship it in a plastic storage bin like this one: Rather than shipping the storage bin to...
Just after 9am this morning I turned the last corner of the Camino Frances and stood in front of the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela!! It's been 33 days since I left Saint Jean Pied de Port...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides