Place to stay in Barcelona and how to travel Barcelona to SJ

rtaylor15@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Time of past OR future Camino
I have done the Camino Frances once, April/May 2012, and plan to do the Camino again sometime.
Hello everyone,
I plan to be in Barcelona September 21.
If you know of a good, clean hostal to stay at I'd appreciate your suggestions. I have flown in to Madrid before but it has been a long time since I was in Barcelona.
Then, I plan to travel after a day or two to Pamplona then on to SJPP to begin the Camino, so would be interested in any suggestions regarding the best way to get to SJPP from Barcelona.
I've been reading this forum for a while now. It all seems pretty overwhelming. Exciting, but overwhelming too. I appreciate all the great posts.
Thank you.
Richard

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

sharon w

Jan 2, 2009
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007
Camino Portugues 2009
Via Podiensis, Camino Frances, Camino Finisterre 2012
Cammino di Assisi 2014
Via Podiensis, Camino del Norte, Camino Frances(Astorga to Santiago) 2015
Aussie Camino 2016
Stayed at Hostal Levante in the Barri-Gotic area. About 60 euros for a double. Between the Cathedral and La Rambla. An easy walk to the station or bus stop at Placa Catalunya.
Sharon

I have stayed at Somnio Hostel in Barcelona several times ....options include a private single room with shared bath for around 45 euro...or dorm style beds for much less...and also double private rooms.....very clean ....convient to eveything and close to the metro ....owned and operated by two sisters from Chicago...
I highly recommend it!
http://www.somniohostels.com
tel +34 932 725 308
fax +34 917 913 071

Marilyn

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides