• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Please read this first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
This area of the forum is to help prospective and past Kiwi and Australian pilgrims to introduce themselves, and perhaps to make contact. It is not intended as an alternative to the general forums but to make the organisation of meetings and get-togethers easier.

You might like to include details such as the region you are from, whether you have already walked a Camino route or are planning to in the future, and which route(s).

(More personal details like real name, phone number etc might best be shared later via PM if you decide you want to make contact with someone.)

Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Many thanks ivar for setting up this area of the forum. Hopefully prospective and former New Zealand and Australian pilgrims will soon use it to get in touch with each other on a more personal basis. I know there are a lot of former pilgrims out there who are very willing to freely offer advice/ information to any prospective pilgrims who want it.

I know that before I walked, I had some invaluable support and advice from someone from Adelaide over the phone. And having spoken to her like that, when I found some days tougher going, the contact I had had with her provided me with the inspiration I needed: "Janet did this- I can do it too" was sometimes my mantra to keep my feet moving!

And who knows... through this section on the board, we might find there is enough local interest in some areas to lead to ‘information days’ or something similar......
Margaret

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thank you Ivar. The group of Australians I know who have walked the Camino is growing each year and knowledge of the pilgrimage is spreading. Whenever we see each other we become engrossed in camino stories. Maybe this forum will provide the opportunity to share those stories.
For Australians and New Zealanders, the whole trip is a huge undertaking. We travelled for 26 hours just to get to Barcelona, then had to make our way to the start.
During our pilgrimage last year many pilgrims said to us, "You have come a long way to walk a long way."
It would be wonderful if a local co-fraternity were started in Australia. Getting our credential before we left would be great.
Thanks again for this initiative.
Suzie

It is probably worthwhile putting the nearest large town to you in your profile so that people can see roughly whereabouts in Australia or New Zealand you are located.

This can be done in the user control panel which can be accessed towards the top right of the page, click on your forum name and enter the location in Personal Details.

William

It seems to me that Ivar started this thread to let us antipodeans know that he had set up the Australia and New Zealand section of the forum. I don't think using it for general discussion of individual's intentions is necessarily the best use for it. It would be just as easy to start a new thread, or find a more appropriate thread either in this section or the forum generally for the discussion that is now taking place here.

If there is no objection, perhaps we could get this locked off, and get the more recent posts about other matters transferred to a new thread with a title that more clearly describes their topics.

PM me if you have a view on this.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
This thread has been locked. It would be good if people can look at the threads already posted and where possible post in one of then if it is relevant or start a new one within this area of the forum if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back