• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Polish Albergue Monte de Gozo

Colette Z

Happy Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
CF; Norte; Ingles; Augustine; Portugues Central
Can anyone tell me if the Polish albergue at Monte de Gozo is now open as of today April 5th? Thanks hoping to stay there tomorrow night.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Speaking of Monte de Gozo, does the Xunta albergue ever fill up, even in the middle of the summer? Or is there always room?

My own recollection of that place is extremely hazy, since I arrive there from Melide in the middle of the night, and was put in room that turned out to be double-booked (a very drunk Spaniard was surprised to find us in his room when he returned.) We left the next monrning straightaway, so I never got a sense for the place.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Speaking of Monte de Gozo, does the Xunta albergue ever fill up, even in the middle of the summer? Or is there always room?

Always room, unless they have a real big group staying but that happens like every few years! Good place to stay to make the walk into Santiago relaxed and gives you plenty of time to check in accommodation in Santiago, drop your backpack, freshen up and go to the pilgrim's mass! Buen Camino, SY

Can anyone tell me if the Polish albergue at Monte de Gozo is now open as of today April 5th? Thanks hoping to stay there tomorrow night.
A bit of a while since the OP, but I am looking for some more info on the Polish Albergue at Monte del Gozo. I will be through there around mid-Sep this year and am thinking of staying there so that I can get an early start for SdC to get just a sello (I got my Compostella last year) then push on to around Augapesada en-route Finisterra and Muxia. I walked through the huge Xunta Albergue late last Oct but it was a ghost town - fully closed. Besides it looks too big and without any character to me. I heard last year that the Polish A. was very nice. Is there a Cafe nearby to get a meal etc? I’m not into self-catering. My plans might change of course, but I would like to have some feedback if possible please just in case. I am not on FB so cannot look-up their page there. Thanks and Cooee.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I stayed there Early April 2017 very nice experience since I’m of polish descent but I’ve heard it’s closed or being updated.

2016 we had a simple twin bed room, en suite at the Polish Albergue. Dormitory accommodation is also available.
They have a restaurant that serves a variety of food during the afternoon, maybe lunchtime as well, until around 8 p.m. They don't serve breakfast. That's not really a problem as it's only 6 km to Santiago and there are plenty of cafes on the way.

Most read last week in this forum

A local Navarra website has reported the death of a 61 year old German peregrina this morning in Zuriain. The cause appears to have been cardiac arrest. The third death of a pilgrim in Navarra in...
We’re currently on the Frances. We’re walking from SJPDP. We’re looking at our projected dates for Sarria to Santiago. When we try to find lodging it all looks sold out on booking.com. What...
A few km before Portomaran, a huge swarm of wasps swooped down on a pilgrim. Thankfully, he wasn’t stung. He said it looked like a flock of sparrows that swooped down and he thought they were...
Here is a pic from 2016, I love the simplicity of the sketch map and directions "1 km climb up, 5km flat, 5km down". I wonder how the prices are now?
For my fellow Jewish Pilgrims do try to remember that this coming Tuesday evening is our Shavuot holiday, not one but two days. Shavuot is one of the required Jewish pilgrimages, totally...
Reposted from Wise Pilgrim comments, was hiking with this pilgrim. Don’t follow app,go just a bit further past to well marked turn, not the one with spray painted arrow on stop sign:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back