• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portugues alberques

Cicada

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances St Jean -Santiago April -June 2017
Walking the central route from Porto early September. I noticed in the Brierley book that accommodation at the alberques is not able to be booked in advance. Is this correct?
Personally I'm not in favor of booking ahead but found it very necessary on the Frances last year. We were hoping for an easy relaxing walk this time around, without the worry of somewhere to stay
Thanks Roger

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I noticed in the Brierley book that accommodation at the alberques is not able to be booked in advance. Is this correct?

Hi, Brierley actually says “Advance booking in official municipal and association albergues is not possible . . .”

You can reserve at any of the private albergues and hostels, of which there are many.

Bom caminho,
Jill

Accommodation options on the Portugues Central are plentiful, municipal ones can't be booked but it shouldn't be a problem in Sept as summer rush should be over and even in sumer it's not yet as busy as the Frances. Private ones can be booked if need be. Bom Caminho! :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I finished the central route last week - definitely no need to book ahead. There are other pilgrims especially after Tui but nothing like the numbers after Sarria on the CF. If you fancy a break from the Albergues, I would highly recommend Barcelos Way Guest House (it's on Booking.com) - fantastic value for money and my wife's favourite.

I finished the central route last week - definitely no need to book ahead. There are other pilgrims especially after Tui but nothing like the numbers after Sarria on the CF. If you fancy a break from the Albergues, I would highly recommend Barcelos Way Guest House (it's on Booking.com) - fantastic value for money and my wife's favourite.
Fantastic thank you you've put my mind at rest we were imagining the mad rush for somewhere to stay

Accommodation options on the Portugues Central are plentiful, municipal ones can't be booked but it shouldn't be a problem in Sept as summer rush should be over and even in sumer it's not yet as busy as the Frances. Private ones can be booked if need be. Bom Caminho! :)
Thanks very much

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, Brierley actually says “Advance booking in official municipal and association albergues is not possible . . .”

You can reserve at any of the private albergues and hostels, of which there are many.

Bom caminho,
Jill
Thanks jill

Walking the central route from Porto early September. I noticed in the Brierley book that accommodation at the alberques is not able to be booked in advance. Is this correct?
Personally I'm not in favor of booking ahead but found it very necessary on the Frances last year. We were hoping for an easy relaxing walk this time around, without the worry of somewhere to stay
Thanks Roger
Download trailsmart it has all the hotels albergues with links to the pages phone#s addresses etc... It's free

I admit that I find myself calling ahead in the morning more and more, including recently on the Portugués Coastal route. Upon arriving it was obvious that it was not really necessary, but these days the peace of mind has become a touch more valuable to me.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Download trailsmart it has all the hotels albergues with links to the pages phone#s addresses etc... It's free
Yep i got the error message too but thanks anyway

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hopeful that someone can provide us with assistance. We had booked ahead at Viana do Castelo but unfortunately the dates got mixed up and we now find ourselves without beds for tonight. There are three of us. Busy time we realize but does anyone have any suggestions?

Most read last week in this forum

Dear all, I have not stayed at this place myself, but I just had a pilgrim in my office telling me about a really bad experience here. Bad enough that I feel I should let people know. Doing a...
Hello! My sister and I are planning to start our Camino de Santiago journey in Porto. We fly in on the 6th at 4:35. Would we be able to walk into an albergue around 5 or 5:30 and find a spot to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back