Portuguese from Tui in August

Dilbin

Apr 19, 2019
Eire
Time of past OR future Camino
Irun to Santander del Norte
Hi folks. This is a route I have previously completed but will return in August with my wife who walked from Porto to Valenca in April. She desperately wants to complete her first Camino and unfortunately this is the only time she can get holidays from work. My question simply, is this as crazy busy as many suggest. Thank you. Daniel

Reactions: Sue127
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

MJB

Jan 14, 2014
Frances (in sections 2004, 2012, 2015); Portugues (from Oporto 2013); Primitivo (from Castroverde) 2012; Invierno (2016)
We walked last August from the coastal suburbs of Porto to Santiago and enjoyed it. We did the sendra litoral/coastal route as far as Redondela and then merged into the central route. (We had previously walked the central route.) We stayed in hotels, and my wife had her pack transported. It was busy and warm on the central route – the coastal route was cooler and less crowded – but not unbearably crowded. As the previous poster noted, there were lots of twenty- and thirty-something Spaniards walking the last 100 kms of the central route. We reserved a day or two in advance (maybe a little farther in advance for the weekend) and had little trouble finding places to stay.
We always love Pontevedra, and encountered lots of unexpected things of interest along the route: the beaches in the Vigo suburb of Nigrán, a crew regatta in Redondela, the hot spring outdoor hand laundry (lavadero termal) in Caldas de Reis; and the really beautifully updated and renovated Rosalia de Castro House-Museum in Padron. Enjoy it!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Elle Bieling

Elle Bieling, PilgrimageTraveler
Mar 25, 2016
Weston, Colorado
www.pilgrimagetraveler.com
Too many to count!
We always love Pontevedra, and encountered lots of unexpected things of interest along the route: the beaches in the Vigo suburb of Nigrán, a crew regatta in Redondela, the hot spring outdoor hand laundry (lavadero termal) in Caldas de Reis; and the really beautifully updated and renovated Rosalia de Castro House-Museum in Padron. Enjoy it!
Thank-you @MJB for the tips!

Most read last week in this forum

I just heard from José Luis of the Via Lusitana that they have opened a pilgrim office in Lisbon. It only opens in the afternoons — every day, from 2:30 PM to 6:00 PM. It is a small room in the...
Last night the skies over the Camino Portugués lit up in the most incredible way. It was a mystery to me until I saw the headlines this morning that a meteor had flown overhead. Did anybody else...
Hello! My sister and I are planning to start our Camino de Santiago journey in Porto. We fly in on the 6th at 4:35. Would we be able to walk into an albergue around 5 or 5:30 and find a spot to...
I'm wondering if anyone on the Portuguese Camino saw the meteor last Saturday? Link...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides