• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Post stuff to Santiago

Ria Mattheus

Hi, we walked the Camino in 2007 and posted some extra stuff to Santiago. We bought a carton box from the post office and sent the stuff in the box. Now we are planning to do the camino Norte and afterwards going to Europe for a week , so we must post! Question? Do we need to send our stuff in special boxes or are we able to send stuff in our own packages? And special sizes for posting?? Please?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Paquete Azul: Characteristics

Area

Spain and Andorra

Physical characteristics

Peso máximo permitido: 20 kg.

A los envíos voluminosos se les aplicará el criterio peso/volumen (167 kilogramos / metro cúbico), según la siguiente fórmula: Largo x ancho x alto (en centímetros) / 6.000

Maximum size:

- Box: Length + Height + Width = 200 cm., with the longest side not exceeding 100 cm.

- Roll/Tube: Length = 100 cm., Diameter: 15 cm.

Minimum size:

- Box: 14 x 9 cm.

- Roll: Length + 2 times the diameter = 17 cm., with the longest side being no smaller than 10 cm.

Additional Services

- Reception confirmation.

- Cash on Delivery.

- Insured value.

Logistical operations and delivery periods

Operations:

- It is acceptable in offices or mail depots under contract.

- Have a recorded circulation

- Delivered under certified signature at home.

- In the case it cannot be delivered, a notification is left, so as to be collected within the 15 days in the nearest office

Delivery period:

- Peninsula, Balearic Islands, Ceuta and Melilla: from 3 to 5 working days.

- Canary Islands: 8 working days.

For items deposited before 16:00 in offices open in the afternoon or 14:30 in offices open mornings only.

In Mainland Spain and the Balearic Islands, delivery of 90% of items within 5 working days

Important note: For items sent from and to the Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla, possible customs retentions are not included in delivery times.

Guarantees

Refund for a loss shipment: 23.44 €

Preparation:

Packages with commercial content being sent to the Canary Islands, Ceuta or Melilla are to be accompanied by the Customs declaration (SAD) and three copies of the commercial invoice. We remind you that this form should state, among other details, the tax identification details of both sender and recipient (NIF).

Non-commercial shipments being sent by individuals to these destinations are to be accompanied by the DA-1 declaration of value form, which must also state the NIF of both sender and recipient.

Hi , Thanks for the reply, but we want to post our stuff from Madrid to Santiago! We did it previously. Thats why we want to know the sizes or if we can post our stuff in our own suitcase? And what is the adress again that you use if you post your stuff to Santiago's post office? I know they keep your parcel for 30 days in Santiago - is that still correct? Thanks again!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, My husband, age 70, and a group of mainly 50 years up men, just finished a partial Camino del Norte. This was their schedule: ( Caridad) to Santiago in 9 straight days : 15, 21, 25, 18, 15...
Originally I planned to start CdN from Irun directly, thus I booked a flight to San Sebastian Airport (EAS). However, I've read several guides and learned that the Basque Coast towns are worth...
Hi, I am embarking on my first camino tomorrow and have been searching for some albergues to stay in. I will be doing the Camino del Norte and will be starting in Gijon. I am looking in Muros de...
Having started our cycling Camino odyssey in Bilbao we are now recovering in Oviedo before returning to Gijon and the CDN. It has been a beautiful and challenging experience. We are trying to...
Hi, I've had a good look at the posts about the accommodation options in this section and I'm travelling alone and on a budget and was hoping to stay in hostels for finance but also to meet...
A year and a half ago I walked the Frances and few months before that I walked from Porto - i loved every bit of both! In the middle of July I’m walking for 14 days with my friend - who has...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back