Prayers for those affected by earthquakes in Italy

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Jul 5, 2014
Netherlands
Time of past OR future Camino
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Hope that they will rebuilt the villages, the people hope that they will.
But they also know that the villages that where also hit by a earthquake in almost the same area 7 years ago are still in ruins
My hope is that they will rebuilt the villages for the people who lost so many family members and friends.
Wish you all well, Peter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakke
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Hiawatha

Aug 19, 2016
Victoria , Australia .
St Jean Pied de Port - Finisterra 2017
GR70 France 2018
Via Francigena 2019
I think they may prefer medical supplies, tents, bottled water, and money.
To state this is to suggest that the Italian Government is incapable of dealing with the situation effectively . It is clear from media coverage that rescue operations , whilst harrowing to personnel , are well organised and as practically effective as they could be .
Yes , supplies and equipment are essential to render assistance in any emergency but it is combined support , encouragement and yes , ''Thoughts and Prayers '' from people who care that give strength and foster courage to rescuers .

Jakke

Jul 10, 2016
Finland
Several in Poland, Finland, Portugal and Spain
To state this is to suggest that the Italian Government is incapable of dealing with the situation effectively . It is clear from media coverage that rescue operations , whilst harrowing to personnel , are well organised and as practically effective as they could be .
Yes , supplies and equipment are essential to render assistance in any emergency but it is combined support , encouragement and yes , ''Thoughts and Prayers '' from people who care that give strength and foster courage to rescuers .

You'd have to ask David whether his thought arose from a conviction that the Italian people cannot take care of the situation. My guess is, not really. I agree with your second thought wholeheartedly. I have been involved in social work. Assistance given by the state or an organization will often be appreciated. However, if there is an empathetic person giving the help, it makes a lot of difference. Empathy, prayer, a warm heart and a listening ear are needed in Italy right now even if practical care is well organized.

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
As I watched the aurora Friday night (west coast Canada) I was thinking how wonderful it would be to see it along the camino. Wondering if anyone currently walking or living along the camino saw...
Hi there, I will be walking Camino Primitivo soon and I still have some questions that you could maybe help me to answer. As I would like to avoid to bring unnecessary things with me. 1. I do...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides