• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Primitivo Paths

Jodipup

Time of past OR future Camino
del Norte, Primitivo, Finisterre 2014, Portugeuse 2015, Frances 2016,2017, del Norte 2017,
Hi, I am from South Africa and new to this forum. I am planning on doing the Del Norte route and then branching to the Primitivo route in September 2014.
I noted that people comment on the steep drop offs on the Primitivo route. I dont like heights but would be ok if the path is not too narrow. Can anyone give me an indication of how wide the paths are?
Thanks

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The only really narrow stretch is beyond Buspol, and above the reservoir at El Salto, Grandas de Salime. Here there is a steep drop to the left and a very narrow piece of path for a short distance. However it is possible to avoid it by taking the cyclists route out onto the road. It may add a km or so to the walk, but would avoid the problem and also a steep descent.

The place to keep straight on is where this sign can be seen and a straight wide track goes ahead. You will have come from Berducedo.

If you buy the CSJ guide to the Primitivo (Los Caminos del Norte, F: Camino Primitivo - scroll well down the page) it will give you good directions and other help, including cycling diversions such as this one.

TerryB would also say to walk the road, or catch the early afternoon bus, between Paradavella and Lastra to avoid a bad stretch with a nasty drop just before Lastra. (Also the cycling alternative)
Buen Camino

Attachments

• 7km to Grandas.jpg
    7km to Grandas.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 151
Thanks so much. Very useful help. I had been put off the route but now I am happy to still consider it. It is my first choice. A lot of people have told me it is a difficult route. What would you say makes it difficult? I am planning on walking in Sept 2014. At the moment I do about 8km mountain hike twice a week. I will increase this from about March next year.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.