Private Hostel Casa Garcia

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Mar 6, 2006
Champaign, Illinois, USA
Gonzar is such a small place, that I'm sure you won't have any trouble with just the name and the postal code.
Most of the entries don't list an address. Here's one that purports to, but it's not much.

http://caminogirontxi.jimdo.com/albergues/camino-frances/lugo/

I would put

Albergue Privado Casa Garcia
Gonzar, 3
LUGO, Spain 27188 (the phone number is also there for a call in case you are concerned).

Buen camino, Laurie

Reactions: CaptBuddy
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

BoyRoger

BoyRoger IOW England
Apr 23, 2013
Isle of Wight
Time of past OR future Camino
Gonzar is such a small place, that I'm sure you won't have any trouble with just the name and the postal code.
Most of the entries don't list an address. Here's one that purports to, but it's not much.

I would put

Gonzar, 3
LUGO, Spain 27188 (the phone number is also there for a call in case you are concerned).

Buen camino, Laurie

Thank you very much Laurie, the letter is on its way :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

jmcarp

Veteran Member
Aug 12, 2012
Colorado, USA
Camino Frances, 2013
Camino del Norte a Chimayó (USA), 2015
Camino Portugues, 2017
We stayed there in September 2014. It is a delightful facility with a nice interior courtyard and bar, and a very good in-house evening meal. It's only 7.5km past Portomarin, but for those pilgrims who are off the normal guidebook stages, it's worth considering

annakappa

RIP 2024
Jan 6, 2009
Costa Rica
Part frances jun 07/rest frances may- jun 2008/Frances sept-oct 2009/ Sanabres Oct 2010/Frances sept-oct 2011/Aragones Sept-Oct 2012. Hospitalero Sept 2010, Amiga in Pilgrim's Office Oct 2013. Part Primitivo Oct 2013. Portugues from Porto June 2015.
A nice combination, if you are don't mind a fairly short day, is to stay at the Albergue O' Mercadoiro, before Portomarin and the stay at Casa García the next night. Anne

Jan 22, 2015
Malta
FRuture: Camino Sureste (2022)

I would put

Gonzar, 3

Buen camino, Laurie

I would put

Gonzar, 3

Buen camino, Laurie

Hi Laurie,

Its my second Camino Planning.

I wonder if you can help me ..I am trying to find the email address of Casa Gacia (Gonzar) ..do you think they have any ?

You have been of great help to me when I did the Camino Portuguese last may !! Great experience!

Best regards and many thanks,
Ray

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

peregrina2000

Staff member
Mar 6, 2006
Champaign, Illinois, USA
Hi Laurie,

Its my second Camino Planning.

I wonder if you can help me ..I am trying to find the email address of Casa Gacia (Gonzar) ..do you think they have any ?

You have been of great help to me when I did the Camino Portuguese last may !! Great experience!

Best regards and many thanks,
Ray

Hi, Ray, from what I can tell there is no email. Gronze's listing does show a phone, though.
http://www.gronze.com/galicia/lugo/gonzar/albergue-casa-garcia

Buen camino, Laurie

Reactions: Raymond Aquilina

mspath

Veteran Member
Nov 25, 2009
France
allmycaminos.blogspot.fr
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
If the Casa Garcia is fully booked you might stop nearby at the Xunta albergue in Gonzar. It is also very nice and you can either cook in the kitchen or eat at the Casa Garcia where the dining room/bar is open to all.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all , as in approaching the Camino from Sarria I didn’t find yet the basic equipment nor the alojamiento from sarria to santiago, I have booked just in Santiago some days but I’m becoming...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides