Questionnaire on reasons for hiking El Camino - masters stud

per_mand

Apr 30, 2008
I’m a master student at the University of Copenhagen (Denmark). For a project, I’m doing a sociological analysis of the hikers on El Camino to Santiago de Compostella in Northern Spain – who are they, and their reasons for hiking El Camino.

Please answer as detailed as possible, and return the questionnaire to my Email [per_mand@yahoo.dk], or as a personal message at this site. Thank you very much for your help. I will tread your answer anonymously.

1. Gender:

2. Year of birth:

3. Nationality:

4. Education:

5. Job:

6. Where did you hear of El Camino?

7. When did you hike El Camino?

8. When did you decide to hike El Camino (a week before, a month before..)?

9. How many times have you been hiking El Camino?:

10. How many days have you spend on El Camino?:

11. What was your average amount of money spend daily?:

12. What was the average age of hikers on El Camino?

13. Why did you hike El Camino?

14. What did you gain from the hike?

15. What was the greatest experience?:

15.b What was the worst experience?:

16. What are you especially going to remember from El Camino?:

17. Are you religious?:

18. In your opinion, were you a tourist, a religious tourist or a pilgrim on El Camino?:

19. What was the course of a typical day on El Camino?:

20. Did you mostly hike alone, or with other hikers?:

21. How many hours did you spend by your self in the course of a typical day?:

22. In your opinion, how important was the community with other hikers to you?:

23. What was most important, your personal experience or the community with other hikers?

24. Are you going to hike El Camino again?:

25. Why are you going to do it again?:

If you know other people who have hiked El Camino, please send my questionnaire to them, thanks.

I appreciate your help,

Per Svendsen, April 2008
[per_mand@yahoo.dk]

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
As I watched the aurora Friday night (west coast Canada) I was thinking how wonderful it would be to see it along the camino. Wondering if anyone currently walking or living along the camino saw...
Hi there, I will be walking Camino Primitivo soon and I still have some questions that you could maybe help me to answer. As I would like to avoid to bring unnecessary things with me. 1. I do...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides